Round One - Brantford vs Guelph

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Maguire25

Round One - Brantford vs Guelph

Post by Maguire25 »

Here are the dates:
Game 1 in Brantford Wed., Feb. 25
Game 2 at the in Guelph Sat., Feb. 28.
Game 3 in Brantford Sun., March 1
Game 4 in Guelph Tue., March 3
If Necessary
Game 5 in Brantford Thu., March 5
Game 6 in Guelph Fri., March 6
Game 7 in Brantford on Sat., March 7

All games start at 7:30
RocketGirl

Re: Round One - Brantford vs Guelph

Post by RocketGirl »

Is Guelph really that bad? Right now it's 14-0 for Brantford and at the end of the 2nd period. Talk about a game where you need to let up. It's the first round of play-offs, it's not like you need to prove something.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
thegreat1

Post by thegreat1 »

7 point night for Alex Szczechura - I would really like to see this kid play before he leaves for the NHL.
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Two things. First, you don't let up, especially at this time of year. Any sport, if it's going, keep it going. Because you never know when it'll come back. I've played many sports, where I've been on teams that have shown some sportsmanship, and let up on weaker opponents, only to not be able to regain our swagger. The weaker team should change their gameplan for the stronger team, not viceversa.
Second, it kinda does look like they let up. After a lopsided 1st, shots were even in the 2nd. They scored 6 on 10. Why didn't Guelph score 5 on their 9? Brantford took all the penalties after the 1st.
It looks like Brantford wanted to show something tonight. After the "snubbing" at the awards, they decided to show the league. Can Brantford win here though? If they win by 1, then they would be considered choking, and if they win by 14, then they are bullies. I fully respect, and am impressed, that they came out and started off like this.
go west
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

15-0 final come on brantford let up after 8-0 burchell wouldnt even let brantford put more goals on the scoreboard after it was 10-0
royal51

Post by royal51 »

Pathetic showing by Guelph. They should be ashamed for how they played. Brantford didn't let up in the third nor should they have. It was up to Guelph to do something to stem the tide but it looked like the coaches did nothing to give the team direction. The poor Guelph Goalies looked shell shocked, it was literally a shooting gallery out there and the two of them were the only Guelph players showing any heart at all. It could have easily been 20 - 0 if the goalie who went back in after being pulled in the first did'nt stand on his head in the 3rd. 45 shots on net and I bet at least 35 -40 were prime scoring chances.I would have thought somebody would have got the tap on the shoulder to go out and send some kind of message but no one did. They are toast if something doesn't change next game! Bring on the next sacrificial lamb. :lol:
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

savelli on a 162:15 shut out streak right now
royal51

Post by royal51 »

With all due respect to Mr. Savelli they were games against a depleted Guelph lineup, Owen Sound and whoever that pathetic team was last night (jk Guelph).
If he shuts down the opponents in the next round of playoffs (if they can squeak past Guelph) then he can have the props! :x
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

If they can squeak by Guelph they beat them 15-0 thata not really close sorry about it royal 51
royal51

Post by royal51 »

Hey there tinyBRAIN71, if you would quit smoking those cigarettes you guys sell down there you might have recognized my sarcasm when I said "if they squeak past Guelph" Look it up in the d-i-c-t-i-o-n-a-r-y if you can't follow along. :shock:
muskoka

Post by muskoka »

Savelli's #'s
These numbers speak for themselves. Give the kid some credit. Bold teams had a record over 500 this year. He played 18 games against strong clubs and got results.
09/11/08 vs Waterloo 6-3 W
09/23/08 at Kitchener 7-5 W
09/28/08 at Elmira 6-2 W
10/05/08 at Owen Sound 8-4 W
10/12/08 vs Fort Erie 6-3 W
10/19/08 at Elmira 7-1 W
10/25/08 vs Waterloo 4-5 ND
10/26/08 at Waterloo 4-7 ND
10/28/08 at Kitchener 3-2 W
10/31/08 at Listowel 7-3 W
11/06/08 vs Waterloo 5-2 W
11/08/08 at Guelph 7-3 W
11/13/08 vs Elmira 6-1 W
11/15/08 vs Thorold 5-2 W
11/19/08 vs Kitchener 6-1 W
11/21/08 at Stratford 1-4 L
11/22/08 at Cambridge 5-1 W
11/27/08 vs Cambridge 6-2 W
11/29/08 vs Listowel 6-5 W
12/06/08 at Cambridge 4-3 W
12/14/08 at Elmira 9-1 W
12/20/08 vs St. Marys 7-4 W
01/03/09 vs Owen Sound 7-3 W
01/08/09 vs Cambridge 6-7 SOL
01/17/09 vs Elmira 0-2 L
02/01/09 at Waterloo 5-2 W
02/07/09 at Cambridge 7-1 W
02/12/09 vs Guelph 7-1 W
02/14/09 vs Owen Sound 9-0 W
royal51

Post by royal51 »

OK OK I surrender. Give him the Vezina :smt007
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

ya savelli not like the waterloo goalie only plays the weak team to get best gaa
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Actually as a team, Waterloo had a better GAA than Brantford. Is it a case of better team D, or better goaltending?
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Probably a case, of not as many wide open, run and gun, running up the score games.
go west
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Game 3 no details listed on PS. All I could find was that it was scheduled for last night, and this:

3 Guelph Brantford Sun, Mar 01 7:30 pm no data -

Last update I heard about this game was tied 3 -3 , don't know how late in the game it was, and I assume Brantford won, (but possibly not) anyways, what was the final, can someone fill us in?
Just A Fan

Post by Just A Fan »

Brantford scored with 12 seconds left in the game to beat Guelph 5-4. Brantford up 3-0.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

That's too bad, it would have been nice to see Guelph get that one. Hopefully they can win one game, but I doubt it will happen.
snocain

Post by snocain »

With twelve seconds left in the game a brant player backed into the goalie and ended up sitting on him while another canary shot the puck into the net. What ever happened to goalie interference.
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

After that goal the head coach matt the midget mullin showed great sportsman ship by waving a white towel what a disgrace to jr.b hockey
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

No a disgrace to jr. b hockey would be cheating.
That sounds like a clever imitation of a great coach, who was far ahead of his time.
go west
The Masked Grappler

Post by The Masked Grappler »

If the goal happened as described then the coach had every right to be pissed off.
royal51

Post by royal51 »

Eagles were crashing the net, skating through the blue ice and snowing Sinclair any chance they had. The crappy refs never called any of it and in fact Sinclair and any one who came to his defence ended up with a penalty. I guess if they can cheat on cards it's not too much of a stretch to assume they were buying the Refs dinner after the game as well. OH, and by the way LincBrass, you need to spell out your references to hockey history to the birdbrains as I am sure they are not aware of anyone as classy as Roger!!! :roll:
muskoka

Post by muskoka »

Well Royal51 the only way you score goals in 99.9% of any games ever played is by going to the net. Obviously you never had the pleasure of playing this great game or if you did you certainly never had any coaching or you would know that. :smt006
snocain

Post by snocain »

muskoka, running the goalie, sitting on the goalie in the net, knocking the goalie off his feet or snowing on him is not"going to the net". You obviously have the same misguided ethics that the canary team has. I doubt you ever played the game or you would know better. I suppose the good news is that all the old men hired to make the canary team what they are soon will be overage washed up used to be's not missed by the league.
royal51

Post by royal51 »

Well Muskoka, if you would have closed your smoke shack and actually went to the game, you would realize that by "crashing the net" I meant BUMPING and KNOCKING" the goalie off his feet Not going hard to the net for rebounds! The contact all night only resulted in 1 penalty to the, as Snocain so eloquently put it" Canaries. If the refs had called penalties in the first when it started maybe they would have stopped the bumping, pushing and tripping of the goalie, but of course we all know that the area now occupied by the Guelph goaltender once belonged to Brantford so I guess we are lucky they are not having a sit in to demand it back! :smt021
Chemo

Post by Chemo »

question

is Paul Szczechura of the tampa bay lightining related to alex szczechura?
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Yes. Brothers.
Sidenote, how long will Musselman be gone for? and what did he do?
Last edited by LincBrass on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
go west
royal51

Post by royal51 »

Who cares? It is too bad the kid has to play on a team like Brantford who once again tonite showed that they are run by thugs who promote thuggery. Mussellman's junior career is now over as the idiot gave the linesman a 2 handed push to the ice! What an idiot. I am sure the Brantford coaches or management reward these clowns with actions like this. The fans as usual showed why we drive with our doors locked when we pass through their lovely gutter of a town as well.
I hope whoever plays these jerks next clean the ice with them as I am sure the midwest would be embarrassed to have them represent us in the Suthy.
They wonder why they get no respect??? :smt072
snocain

Post by snocain »

Tonite I think I witnessed the most classless, lawless bunch of losers on ice to ever disgrace jr hockey. With about 15 penalties, maybe 5 ejections,one for hitting a linesman and a few four minute sit outs brant showed us again why they were almost ignored at the awards. How their fans could even hold their heads up never mind scream every time one of their goons tried to injure a Guelph player is testament to the fact that the sickness is deeper than just the team alone. The owner and officials of that team should hang it up and let someone run the show who has at least a touch of integrity. Players don't operate the way brantford does unless it's with the blessing of management. Shame on the entire brant organization. :x