brant @Kitchener

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

snocain

brant @Kitchener

Post by snocain »

Boy, ejections and misconducts all night, brant must have been in town. Is nobody coaching these guys?
muskoka

Re: brant @Kitchener

Post by muskoka »

Well Kitch needed the help from the refs to even stay in this one. 5 man play was not even close. Brantford plays an in your face style very effectively. Bring on the Doms.
snocain

Post by snocain »

Checking from behind would be quite the opposite of ''in your face'' kind of game and head checking is just plain goon hockey. The refs treated the teams equally or you would have heard it from the fans. All I heard was the brant fans squealing in delight when their players hurt somebody.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'd be afraid of you coming to one of our games because when my boys hit someone, especially when they lay them out, I cheer. The quality of the hit depends on how hard I ring the bell.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
muskoka

Post by muskoka »

Nothing wrong with finishing a check, however it seems the refs are making more HC calls. Also a lot more M21 have been handed out. Are players becoming frustrated at the way the games are being called.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I said the same thing earlier this season with regards to instigators. I noticed they were being called more this season and wondered if the boys were fiestier this year, or if the refs were cracking down. I'm sure now, with the new fighting rules, you'll see more instigators called next year.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

I don't mind one bit when the refs clamp down on head checking and hits from behind. I'm not a fan of the instigator penalty though, because usually it is not called properly, or called too often when it shouldn't be.
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

The HC penalty should of only been a two not a ten the ref (Beatty) didn't even see the hit he didn't call it until he turned around and say the Guelph gut down on the ground like the little p***@s Kitchener are terrible game played by Brant though lucky to come out with the win in the that one

good luck in Listowel