Brantford clinches first place

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

tinyman71

Brantford clinches first place

Post by tinyman71 »

Thursday Feb 5th vs wheatfeild, Brantford clinched first place it is the first time any Jr b team in Brantford has clinched in what was a really chippy game and not only on the scoreboard did Brantford win but in the fights as well
HockeyFan1111

Re: Brantford clinches first place

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Panther, can you explain this "presidents cup" deal you started talking about in the Western forum?
muskoka

Post by muskoka »

The GOJHL is awarding 2 trophies in this 1st season of full inter-conference play. The first is the Commissioners Trophy for 1st place overall in the "GO". The second is for the overall Scoring Champion. Other trophies will be awarded in future years as the bugs get ironed out. Each conference can still do it's own awards if it chooses to do so.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

muskoka wrote:The first is the Commissioners Trophy for 1st place overall in the "GO".
I was gonna say, it's probably something similar to the NHL's President's Trophy which is awarded to the team with the most overall points.

So, Brantford doesn't have to get 83 points, or whatever it was that panther thought, they just have to stay ahead of Sarnia and St. Kitts.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

If sarnia runs the table in there conference they will finish with 81 points and if st.kitts runs the table in there conference they will have 82 points so brantford needs 83 points to clinch if sarnia and st.kitts win the rest of there games
muskoka

Post by muskoka »

Hey Tinyman, 3 points locks it up. :wink:
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

brantford clinched it they got 84 points and still have 1 game left
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

muskoka wrote:Hey Tinyman, 3 points locks it up. :wink: