owen sound

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Cougar Hunter

owen sound

Post by Cougar Hunter »

owen sound if off to a great start this weekend, 22 goals against in 2 games. some kind of record? haha i hope they can do better sunday.
panther692006

Re: owen sound

Post by panther692006 »

there done who cares a junior d team could beat them
Just a Hockey Fan

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

They could make it to the playoffs, once the OHA gets finished with the Eagles. As I've heard justice will be served. Look what happened a few years ago, when the Senior AAA Hornets were caught cheating....Kicked out of the Playoffs. What's good for one should be good for all the rats.
The Masked Grappler

Post by The Masked Grappler »

Owen Sound is definitely one of the worst Jr.b hockey teams I've ever seen. But come on, they're nowhere near as bad as the Tillsonburg Titans were. I remember them giving up 20 goals in a game numerous times.
thegreat1

Post by thegreat1 »

I remember more than that one was 22 and another 21. Good times.
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

cambridge sr aaa was booted cause they were paying players and flying them in to play
Just a Hockey Fan

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

panther692006 wrote:cambridge sr aaa was booted cause they were paying players and flying them in to play
Nope I'm afraid not, it was over cheating with the players cards. Something to do with one of the players phoney address on his card.
b fan

Post by b fan »

panther692006 wrote:cambridge sr aaa was booted cause they were paying players and flying them in to play
No I don't buy that either. If a kid wants to fly from Windsor to Statford to play Jr B I don't think the league would care as long as he's on an import card. And money , it happens all the time. You just can't have the kid living at the Statford A&P :lol:
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It was the Brantford A&P, not Stratford.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
b fan

Post by b fan »

RocketGirl wrote:It was the Brantford A&P, not Stratford.
Yes I know, but I was speaking hypothetically as if the player was flying from Windsor to play for Stratford and getting paid.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

How much longer will Owen Sound be in the league as a Jr B team?

They are bottom of the league and have a whole 98 people (average) in attendance. Petrolia in the Western conference had more than that and they couldn't hold the team. Can Owen Sound turn it around and become a decent team? Or are they destined to be dropped/moved? If they were to be moved, is there a town that would be a good place for them?
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

windsor to stratford so what the cambridge sr aaa was flying from indiana that y the stuff happen in cambridge sr aaa
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Does it matter if they are coming from Windsor or Indiana. Flying players in, just equates to really expensive gas mileage, which all teams pay players for.
go west
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

maybe there more going on then the papers know
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

what the f*#k did you just say panther?
snocain

Post by snocain »

jeez panther, I tried but those nine words just don't fit together. try again, and don't hurry, we are patient.
thegreat1

Post by thegreat1 »

I think he means:

Maybe there is more going on than the newspapers are aware of.

I may be wrong but that's what I got out of it.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Do you guys really not know what he's saying? Or are you trying to get him to type grammatically correct?

I got the same thing. It did take me a couple times to figure it out, but I got it.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

RocketGirl wrote:Do you guys really not know what he's saying? Or are you trying to get him to type grammatically correct?

I got the same thing. It did take me a couple times to figure it out, but I got it.

could you translate it into English please?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

panther692006 wrote:maybe there more going on then the papers know
Maybe there was more to the story than the papers knew about.

As this topic has strayed slightly, I believe he is referring to the Cambridge Sr. AAA team being kicked out of their league because they were supposedly paying their players and flying them in from Indiana to play for them.

If you need any more translations done, I am more than happy to help. :)
Queen of the GOJHL