Attendance

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Blades

Attendance

Post by Blades »

in Guelph was an unusual number in their game on Friday night. For a team that had an average of under 200 per game they magically had 1,500 in attendance. Me thinks someone added one too many zeros. I smell a skandal!!! :lol:
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
panther692006

Re: Attendance

Post by panther692006 »

come on 1500 bulls*#t they cant even get a 300 in there and with standing at ice level which they dont allow they would get 500 it got to be a typo unless they play at the sleeman center then it understandable i know they were gonna have a game with cambridge in dec 19 at sleeman but it got ssnow out and tickets were only 2 or 3 bucks
Blades

Post by Blades »

Here is a link to the PS page that shows 1500 there http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/gam ... eid=782276
It certainly caught my eye when I was looking over the attendance in general.
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

must of been at sleeman center
Just a Hockey Fan

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

At $3.00 a seat, and at the Sleeman Centre, yea I can believe the 1500 spectators. Oh and don't forget they had the little kids playing a game as well. Hope this helps.
Probert24

Post by Probert24 »

I was there! They had 1500 plus. The owner gave away tickets from Domino orders. They did a good job
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

what rink was the game at?
Blades

Post by Blades »

Probert24 wrote:I was there! They had 1500 plus. The owner gave away tickets from Domino orders. They did a good job
Always a great thing to see ... more people out to games in our league. Some of those non-regulars just may return for more - at least one could hope so. Good for them.
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

panther692006 wrote:what rink was the game at?
I went back to pointstreak to the game sheet:

Victoria Road Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 7:30 pm EST
Attendance: 1,500
royal51

Post by royal51 »

RELAX................IT WAS AT THE SLEEMAN CENTRE AS PART OF THEIR "KEITH TAYLOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD". I AM SURE YOU WILL ALL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THEY ARE BACK AT THE VICTORIA RD. ARENA ON SAT VS STRATFORD SO THE ATTENDANCE SHOULD NOT OFFEND ANYONE AGAIN!!!!! :smt021
Blades

Post by Blades »

royal51 wrote:RELAX................IT WAS AT THE SLEEMAN CENTRE AS PART OF THEIR "KEITH TAYLOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD". I AM SURE YOU WILL ALL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THEY ARE BACK AT THE VICTORIA RD. ARENA ON SAT VS STRATFORD SO THE ATTENDANCE SHOULD NOT OFFEND ANYONE AGAIN!!!!! :smt021
Please stop yelling, you will make my ears hurt more than they already do.
It was a simple query on my part because the number was so much higher, by a factor of 10 and I was trying to be funny with my "skandal" remark. In case you didn't notice it was misspelled and I did that on purpose. No offense was meant so please calm down.
royal51

Post by royal51 »

Sorry, old age, didn't realize capital letters meant I was yelling! :smt024
What I meant was this thread has gone on for over 2 weeks, we all know if any attendance over a buck and a half at the Ice Palace means they had Gremlins.
Have a nice day! :smt008
Blades

Post by Blades »

royal51 wrote:Sorry, old age, didn't realize capital letters meant I was yelling! :smt024
What I meant was this thread has gone on for over 2 weeks, we all know if any attendance over a buck and a half at the Ice Palace means they had Gremlins.
Have a nice day! :smt008
Nothing wrong with being a bit older - some of us might be considered "over the hill".
Some of the people that post in here are from teams in the west (myself included) and like to watch what is taking place throughout the entire league. I noticed the big difference between the attendance of a certain night and what the average had been for the season. Rightly or wrongly (which apparently was the case this time) I thought someone might have accidentally added an extra zero to the totals. Those of us in the west who have been using PS for a few years already know that errors take place - glitches by the software and other times are a result of the operator making a mistake and I would know since I've made a few over the years.
Glad to see you posting. Come back often and if you have any friends of any age who want to discuss the Midwest conference feel free to invite to join.