Brantford

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

HockeyFan1111

Brantford

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

How good is this Brantford team?

Are they a solid team from top to bottom or are they more of a one lined team?
Just a Hockey Fan

Re: Brantford

Post by Just a Hockey Fan »

I think that the Eagles will begin to fizzle out as the conference comes to seasons end. Probably fall off the wagon in the 2nd or 3rd round.
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

eagles go to overtime against Guelph tonight what is going on in eagles land they should kill Guelph?
b fan

Post by b fan »

tinyman71 wrote:eagles go to overtime against Guelph tonight what is going on in eagles land they should kill Guelph?
Its called chemistry, or lack there of. It happens too many good teams that play well together all year long with their lineups but before signing deadline day comes, management brings in new players that they deem to be better, often inserting them into the top line and giving them the special team play that the regular guys have been doing all year long. Everything snowballs throughout the lineup, bumping players down a line, bumping players off the pp or pk, bumping some players into the stands, even bumping some players right off the team. All this bumping thats going on totally disrupts the chemistry that these guys had built on all year long. Now you have a team of totally pi$$ed off players except the 2-4 new guys that management just brought in.
Branford and Sarnia have both made significant changes leading up to the deadline, I don't think St Marys or London have. Lets see what the results will be.
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

they will stay in 1st they got a 13point lead with 11 games left and with kitchener with 13 games left
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

They may stay in first, but are they a sure bet to win the mid-western conference in playoffs?
Just a Hockey Fan

It is my understanding that the Eagles have lost their coach for the rest of this season and maybe next as well. Something to due with the clubs cheating with their import cards. They also had to let the kid go.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Yeah, that's a big no no. You can't screw around with the cards. He would most definitely be gone for at least next year.

What is that gonna do for Brantford?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Just a Hockey Fan

I think that Brantford will feel the loss and start to slow down. The kid in question had quite a few points this year. Anyways a new or different coach will make an impact one way or the other I'm sure.
bobby baun

Post by bobby baun »

From what I have read in the Brantford and Stratford paper it is the GM not the coach who is suspended.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

From what I read, it appears there is something fishy going on in Brantford. Panther, what's the story? What's goin' on with your Eagles?

* Reportedly, although the OHA did not comment on it specifically, it was also discovered upon investigation that one Golden Eagle's listed address turned out to be the Brantford A&P Store. That story seems credible, since misdirection appears to be at the heart of Rizzetto's alleged wrongdoing.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

all i can say people just gotta get there facts straight before they should talk
tinyman71

Post by tinyman71 »

RocketGirl wrote: * Reportedly, although the OHA did not comment on it specifically, it was also discovered upon investigation that one Golden Eagle's listed address turned out to be the Brantford A&P Store. That story seems credible, since misdirection appears to be at the heart of Rizzetto's alleged wrongdoing.

i dont know where you heard that but d**n thats a lie
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I took it from a paper, the Stratford Beacon Harold to be exact, hence why it's in red, not blue, which means those are not my words.
Queen of the GOJHL

LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Listening in to the actual Lincoln Brass last night, I heard Ladds' name and Brantford GM suspension(expulsion) a couple of times.
About Brantford sliding though. In the midwest, the team that wins the league, 99% of the time, was the team that led and dominated throughout the year. Upsets very seldom happen. The parity in the West (competition), doesn't exist in the other 2 leagues.
If Brantford doesn't win, it could only be Kitch, who is rolling, and done a lot to improve, or Listowel who was the team to beat at the beginning of the year.
go west
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

here a question for you why would waterloo trade 2 of there best guys to kitchener who was only 1 point ahead of the answer is peter brill hate it when brantford is winning so he wanted to f**k them over
thegreat1

Post by thegreat1 »

Wow that was hard to read - Take time to punctuate. Geeez
bobby baun

Post by bobby baun »

Getting back to Brantford, here is part of the Brantford Expositor.ca paper from last week:

Golden Eagles general manager Brian Rizzetto has been suspended indefinitely, pending a hearing later this month with the Ontario Hockey Association's board of directors.

Rizzetto received his suspension for an indiscretion involving import cards.

The GM admits he made a mistake but hopes the OHA hearing will clear up the matter.

"I have a lot of respect for the OHA," he said Monday.

"I'm sure they're going to see my case and treat me fairly.

"I know they're going to treat the boy (Justin Prittie) fairly. The boy trusted me and I made a mistake."

Prittie, a defenceman with the Eagles, has been declared inactive pending a hearing.

The OHA has not released a date for its next board meeting.

Prittie is a student at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo but Rizzetto said he believed Prittie was a student at Laurier's Brantford campus.

When Rizzetto was told the player was rooming with a well-known Brantford athlete, the general manager said he assumed that meant Prittie was living in Brantford.

**See the paper for the rest of the story**

The GM implicated himself by having boy sign the card and then filling out the details re address etc himself. The boy probably had no idea what was on the card. (or did he?)
HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Isn't it easy for a GM to say "oops, my bad... I didn't realize". Suspend me but not the kid...

So now GM gets suspended for the rest of this season, so I guess he can't make any more trades :roll:, and because it was his fault, not the player's, the kid plays.

Brantford would get off way too easy if that's all that happens... I imagine the OHA is smarter than that and there will be more than what Rizzetto is hoping for.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

But you'd think, as a GM, he'd have to have a way to contact his players, thus, he should know where they are living while they are a member of his organization. And this is yet another example that you should read things before you sign them.

I know that in my job, I have to make sure people are purchasing, mortgaging, or selling houses with their correct names and birthdates. And when they sign the paperwork, I make sure their names are spelled correctly and their birthdates are correct. And I have to get ID from them too. That's all precautions so that you are not part of a fradulent transaction.
Queen of the GOJHL

HockeyFan1111

Post by HockeyFan1111 »

Or, is it a case of "let's see what we can get away with, and play dumb later..."?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Maybe they 'misremembered'.
Queen of the GOJHL

hawkeyschtick

Post by hawkeyschtick »

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Articl ... ?e=1385352

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Articl ... ?e=1384096

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/Ar ... ?e=1385726

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/Articl ... ?e=1385467

FYI.... links to some of the press to date

Questions:

Why should Prittie be the one who is displaced for Rizetto's "mistake"?

Why are the last import signings not the ones removed from the roster?.... VanMoerkerke, Musselman

Why is it taking the OHA so long to deal with this matter?... should they not convene an emergency meeting?

Should Brantford be eliminated from the playoffs?

How do you deal with points in the standings for game played with an illegal roster?
HockeyFan27

Post by HockeyFan27 »

hawkeyschtick wrote:Why should Prittie be the one who is displaced for Rizetto's "mistake"?

Why are the last import signings not the ones removed from the roster?.... VanMoerkerke, Musselman

Should Brantford be eliminated from the playoffs?

How do you deal with points in the standings for game played with an illegal roster?
Those are some good questions.

The reasoning behind Prittie being designated inactive and released is because he is the player in question. Van Moerkerke and Musselman aren't in question. Their cards ended up being designated properly, therefore there's no problem with them, just Prittie.

The question of Brantford and the play-offs is interesting. The OHA probably won't do anything about their position in the standings and they shouldn't be eliminated all together. But IMO, if it is determined that they played X amount of games with more than the allotted amount of import players per game, then they should lose those points, which could inevitably change their standings position, but not necessarily give them to the team they beat.
hawkeyschtick

Post by hawkeyschtick »

from the Owen Sound paper"
The Mussellman deal not only cost Brantford Dilks but also its G. M. as Rizzetto was suspended by the Ontario Hockey Association for signing the former Attack skater to a local card when he was really an import player.

from the Brantford Paper:
Earlier this season, Brantford acquired forward Luke Van Moerkerke. When Rizzetto submitted Van Moerkerke's card, he had Van Moerkerke listed as an import since his residence is in Tillsonburg, which is outside of Brantford's zone.

However, when the OHA returned that card, it had changed Van Moerkerke's status to non-import.

Rizzetto said he was subsequently told that the OHA office had made a mistake and Van Moerkerke was in fact an import.

Seems there were issues with more than just Prittie though... hence correct his status first....why should he sit while the others play... IMO if one sits they all sit... Prittie was there from the beginning of the season... while VanMoerkerke & Musselman were added later
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

in thursday expositor

Suspended Brantford Golden Eagles general manager Brian Rizzetto had his say in front of the Ontario Hockey Association's board of directors on Thursday in Cambridge and now he'll wait for the board's ruling on his case, which he was told could come in a day or two.

"They said it would be soon, within a day or two they hoped," said Rizzetto.

Rizzetto was suspended indefinitely earlier this month for an indiscretion involving import cards.

Read the full story in Friday's Expositor
panther692006

Post by panther692006 »

Blades

Post by Blades »

Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Deb, your link didn't have the actual story, so here it is.
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Articl ... ?e=1402045
RocketGirl wrote:Yeah, that's a big no no. You can't screw around with the cards. He would most definitely be gone for at least next year.

What is that gonna do for Brantford?
I told you he'd be gone for next year.
Queen of the GOJHL

Just a Hockey Fan

R.G. I think I mentioned it way way back in this thread that he would probably be gone for nest year as well as this year.