Mid-Season Predictions

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Gray5131

Mid-Season Predictions

Post by Gray5131 »

I want to first wish a Merry Christmas to all the fans, players, coaches, officials, and behind the scenes personnel that help make the GOJHL such an entertaining league. Thank you.

I’d love to kick start the Midwest forum back up as it seems to have been some time. I’m curious to hear final standings predictions from those who follow the league. I’m happy to open it up to friendly criticism and debate.
I’ve got my top 4 in order of Elmira. Kitchener. Cambridge and Listowel. No change from the present. I’m curious if Waterloo can make a late charge into the mix as they’ve looked much better since a tough start.
Port hockey1

Re: Mid-Season Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Listowel interests me. They look like they're built on defence & goaltending. A winning formula, but will they get those clutch goals in the playoffs? They really need a pair of snipers.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Looks like three tiers this year -- The contenders in Elmira Kitchener and Cambridge, the rebuilding Stratford, Listowel and Waterloo and then the normal two at the bottom.

A couple things that have been surprising this year have been the dominance of Elmira over Kitchener when they meet, the quick emergence of Cambridge and seeing Waterloo really come on the past two months after it looked like they could be the basement team following their Sutherland win.
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

I agree with the 3 tiers. The Kitchener/Elmira games have been entertaining and there is definitely quite a rivalry there. A surprising thing has been Elmira's inability to beat Waterloo. On paper the Kings should dominate but it hasn't happened for the mostpart. The Siskins have proven to be the Kings nemisis this season.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Now that the owners son has moved up to the "A" 99ers he hasn't shown any interest in the "B" squad
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Corvairs have been shooting over 100 shots a game at the net each game this season, the only reason they get 4 goals a game. They can't shoot worth sht. Big mistake trading away McHugh, they only have a couple who can actually hit the net. The tight D in Elmira and the addition of G Baier in London I'd say with no upsets this year it should be London vs Elmira in the finals. Cali looks good but a solid goalie, not necessarily a hot one, could end Cali season at any point in the playoffs and St Kitts and the Canucks aren't as good as last year