Whalers looked great this year, won Russell Cup

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Whalers looked great this year, won Russell Cup

Post by Port hockey1 »

What a season from the second year team, the Niagara(Port Colborne) Whalers! Undefeated in the playoffs. Sure the league has it's share of problems, and awful teams... But there were several very good teams in the league as well this season. Niagara was scoring double digits in the league final. I like the format, the East vs West final.

Several ex St.Catharines Falcons led the way this season, including their star goaltender from last season.

I'll take this team, in this league, over Toffolo's circus any day. Congrats to the Whalers! :smt004 :smt041 :smt029 :smt033
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Re: Whalers looked great this year, won Russell Cup

Post by Cali vairs! »

Good for them but they did it with a bit of help with spending the money did in a weak league. When you are scoring double digits in a final then something is wrong. Glad for the players though
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Third year team, not a second!! There were no other good teams in this league. Actually the rest of the teams really sucked compared to the last three or four years. The Whalers were the best team money could buy. Good for them. Bad for the league. Many people who went to see a game this year didn't return because they didn't want to see crappy teams getting blown out. There were many pissed players who paid $7,000 or $8,000 to play and never saw the ice. How about the 14-0 young goaltender who didn't even get to dress after January!! What a joke!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Well the people of Port Colborne enjoyed the great season they had. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102