Halton Ravens relocate to St. George

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

arcprohd

Halton Ravens relocate to St. George

Post by arcprohd »

Awesome news for St. George Dukes fans. Beats heading out of town to watch a game.

Know the organization so it should be a competitive team as it has been for the last few seasons since they bought the team. They love signing former Corvairs as well so easy relocation.
Port hockey1

Re: Halton Ravens relocate to St. George

Post by Port hockey1 »

arcprohd wrote:Awesome news for St. George Dukes fans. Beats heading out of town to watch a game.

Know the organization so it should be a competitive team as it has been for the last few seasons since they bought the team. They love signing former Corvairs as well so easy relocation.
Is St.George closer to Caledonia?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

5 minutes further by pure driving distance from previous Burlington home. Bigger issue was the horrible fan experience with seating there and the fact fan attendance was not great.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Another "sh** hole of an Arena" for the GMHL. I hope Niagara has increased their transportation budget.
corvairsgf

Post by corvairsgf »

St George was supposed to play out of Harry Howell last season lol even worse
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

Harry Howelll was a great rink when I covered their one off game their last season in Halton. I heard it was push back from the powers that be in Hamilton that didn't want to seem to "endorse" sudo Junior A hockey in their city. (They probably wanted to protect the Bulldogs fanbase. Although no threat in terms of fans).
corvairsgf

Post by corvairsgf »

The senior A team is playing out of Harry Howell that relocated from Dundas for this season while they do updates to JL Grightmyre, could be that reason too... But then again - the gmhl has a bad reputation of being moved from cities cause of their background .