What's The Latest?

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

HockeyFan35

What's The Latest?

Post by HockeyFan35 »

Happy Summer!

Hope everyone's having a good summer. I was curious to know what's been happening around all divisions this summer?

The OHA and PJHL websites seem to have fizzled out for the summer which is a shame. There's tons of hockey news going on during the summer.

Best,

HockeyFan35
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
RagingBS

Re: What's The Latest?

Post by RagingBS »

Unfortunately the OJHL site seems to be the only league under the OHA umbrella that is being maintained. There has been several moves both behind the bench and on the ice in the PJHL and GOJHL that have gone by unnoticed. If you check the OJHL site you can see a few player moves involving PJHL players. The OHA site hasn't been updated yet to reflect the increased player fees that they will be collecting for each rostered player in all of their leagues.
HockeyFan35

Re: What's The Latest?

Post by HockeyFan35 »

I have been (somewhat) keeping up with the OJHL, but for myself, like perhaps others, the OJHL is a fairly distant league for me to really follow closely. I don't have much connection with the league, but like RagingBS has said, it seems to be the only league operating at the moment.

I saw the GOJHL switched over to its 2017-18 season... same website though... they need someone to revamp that. How long has that Hockey Writers ad been on the front page? I have lost track.

As for Junior C, I am sure there could almost be a weekly segment on the happenings around the entire league. Tons of teams, players, changes in personnel happen weekly in C. Twitter feeds have been fairly useful in gaining some information and perspective, but it'd be nice to see the PJHL have a better pulse in the off-season.

Ah well. I guess if it isn't the OJHL, it isn't important. Seems to be getting worse every year.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.