Dunnville upsets Hagersville in 1st round of playoffs

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Dunnville upsets Hagersville in 1st round of playoffs

Post by Port hockey1 »

6th seeded Dunnville defeated 3rd seed Hagersville 2-1 in game 7 tonight, winning the series in 7 games. What a series!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Beehive

Re: Dunnville upsets Hagersville in 1st round of playoffs

Post by Beehive »

Good for Dunnville. The Jr. Mudcats or Terriers as they were once known have been league doormats for years. It's about time that something positive worked out in their favour for once. Now if only someone from the Niagara district could knock off the Peach Kings................that would be terrific and way overdue! And to Port.......I already know that you will disagree with me.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Dunnville hanging in there

Tied 1-1 with Grimsby after the first period, despite being outshot 20-3. Could they be the sleeper this year? Hagersville had a solid team, including a couple of former Corvairs, and they couldn't get past Dunnville. This could get interesting.

Beehive; I agree with you. I'm a Grimsby fan, but it would be nice to see a smaller market pull off an upset. Would really attract a lot of attention to the division. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

No upset here. Now it looks like it will be up to Glanbrook to pull it off. I was looking at the Peach King game sheet from the other night and their coaching, training and management staff are ten deep. That is unheard of in Junior C hockey.