Who has the best team

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Who has the best team

Post by Port hockey1 »

A lot of people like Dorchester. But they seem to play in a less physical division, or something. Because their last few seasons came to quick stops after advancing out of their division.

I think the top teams this season are;

Ayr
Grimsby
Lakeshore
Port Hope
Stayner

Just my take though. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Seth

Re: Who has the best team

Post by Seth »

I agree with you about Dorchester, have heard that they had improved on the back end but their division may be the weakest in the whole League. Also can't argue with the teams you listed. Still not sold on Ayr's goaltending I was surprised they didn't make a move to upgrade in goal at the deadline.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I figured they would pick up a goalie too.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I guess we can now add the Alliston to the list after they swept Stayner. The Hornets kind of flew under the radar this year due to the success of the Siskins but they have proven to be a playoff-hardened contender year in and year out. They should also advance from the winner of Walkerton and Mount Forest in my opinion.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Alliston got a huge boost in the playoffs. A OHL veteran who had left the team a couple of months ago(Nosad), has returned for the playoffs. Still shocked that they swept Stayner though. But with that veteran player returning, and the play of their other dangerous two forwards(Drake Board, Devon Gillham), they are capable of beating anyone. I underestimated them.

They also have good depth. Looks like Dorchester is getting a good run for their money. That team's loaded with ex Jr.B players, and is expected to win their division. But an ex Lambton Shores goalie has been making things very interesting in that league final.

And the biggest surprise has to be Mount Forest. Ex Strathroy goalie looking like he might be the best goalie in the PJHL this season.