Woodstock Navy Vets make coaching change

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Seth

Woodstock Navy Vets make coaching change

Post by Seth »

Gotta say this is probably the first move that this management group has made that doesn't make a lick of sense to me. They say that want local now only six months after hiring the guy, maybe they should have saved him the trouble and hired local from the start.

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.com/ ... lar-season
cpt obvious

Re: Woodstock Navy Vets make coaching change

Post by cpt obvious »

The Nats let him go from their support staff last season as well from my knowledge and from rumblings around the WF.
Kid is a liability away from the rink from what I understand, very immature for his age.
Doesn't seem mutual from his quotes at all, he was fired and they gave him the benefit of saying mutual. Anyone reading this can read between the lines from his quotes.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

cpt obvious wrote:So I've been trolling the Jr.C sites to start familiarizing myself with the teams and so forth. I come across the Woodstock Navy Vets announcement for the hiring of their new head coach and it states he was an assistant with the London Nationals last season. Anyone on here knows I follow the Nats religiously and that kid was not on the Nats staff last season. Who hires coaches without fact checking?
I'm actually surprised the Nats brass hasn't set this straight, they're usually all over anyone trying to use their name for personal gain.
Thought he wasn't part of the Nats staff.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Seth

Post by Seth »

cpt obvious wrote:The Nats let him go from their support staff last season as well from my knowledge and from rumblings around the WF.
Kid is a liability away from the rink from what I understand, very immature for his age.
Doesn't seem mutual from his quotes at all, he was fired and they gave him the benefit of saying mutual. Anyone reading this can read between the lines from his quotes.
I heard he had been bumping heads with management right from the start of the season. probably didn't help his cause the GM is also an assistant coach, also makes me wonder if they like the assistant they promoted now, why wasn't he considered in the summer when they made the move? Just a weird move all the way around.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

RocketGirl wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:So I've been trolling the Jr.C sites to start familiarizing myself with the teams and so forth. I come across the Woodstock Navy Vets announcement for the hiring of their new head coach and it states he was an assistant with the London Nationals last season. Anyone on here knows I follow the Nats religiously and that kid was not on the Nats staff last season. Who hires coaches without fact checking?
I'm actually surprised the Nats brass hasn't set this straight, they're usually all over anyone trying to use their name for personal gain.
Thought he wasn't part of the Nats staff.
Exactly...from all accounts he was shown the door before the season ended...which means at the time he was hired by Woodstock he shouldn't have said he was an assistant coach. We don't think he was ever an assistant, support staff maybe. Make sense now rg?