Disgusting display from ref tonight in Niagara District game

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Disgusting display from ref tonight in Niagara District game

Post by Port hockey1 »

Here's the penalty summary from the game tonight.(Port Dover 5 Glanbrook 1)
PENALTIES
Period 1
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Roughing) (RO), 2 min, 8:57
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Bench / Coach Bench Minor) (BM), 2 min, 16:06
Period 2
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Goalie Interference) (INTGT), 2 min, 8:42
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Goalie Interference) (INTGT), 2 min, 12:59
Period 3
Glanbrook - Cosimo Amore - (Roughing) (RO), 2 min, 7:27
Glanbrook - Cosimo Amore - (Inciting an Opponent Misconduct) (M22), 10 min, 7:27
Glanbrook - Tom Cole - (Abuse of Officials Game Misconduct) (GM21), 0 min, 7:27
Glanbrook - Brad Parish - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 min, 8:12
Glanbrook - Brad Parish - (Abuse of Officials Misconduct) (M21), 10 min, 8:12
Glanbrook - Connor Maitz - (Slashing) (SL), 2 min, 8:33
Glanbrook - Connor Maitz - (Abuse of Officials Misconduct) (M21), 10 min, 8:33
Glanbrook - Josh Pace - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 min, 9:44
Glanbrook - Garnet Batrynchuk - (Slashing) (SL), 2 min, 10:56
Glanbrook - Sandy Jr. Ciccarelli - (Hooking) (HKG), 2 min, 15:00
Glanbrook - Cameron Lapointe - (Roughing) (RO), 2 min, 17:28
Anyone see anything wrong with this? Pathetic is the only word I can think of to describe this. An official making something personal against a group of kids that are in the middle of a battle in the standings. Bravo, bravo!! :smt078 :smt023
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Seth

Re: Disgusting display from ref tonight in Niagara District game

Post by Seth »

Bradshaw is a brutal referee, saw him do a game two weeks ago where the home team goalie got a high stick in the throat he's looking right at the goalie when it happened and didn't even make a call. Later in the game the visiting team goalie throws the puck over the glass after giving up a goal again Bradshaw doesn't even make a call. Bradshaw has to be one of the worst refs in the OHA.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:Here's the penalty summary from the game tonight.(Port Dover 5 Glanbrook 1)
PENALTIES
Period 1
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Roughing) (RO), 2 min, 8:57
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Bench / Coach Bench Minor) (BM), 2 min, 16:06
Period 2
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Goalie Interference) (INTGT), 2 min, 8:42
Glanbrook - Noah Matteson - (Goalie Interference) (INTGT), 2 min, 12:59
Period 3
Glanbrook - Cosimo Amore - (Roughing) (RO), 2 min, 7:27
Glanbrook - Cosimo Amore - (Inciting an Opponent Misconduct) (M22), 10 min, 7:27
Glanbrook - Tom Cole - (Abuse of Officials Game Misconduct) (GM21), 0 min, 7:27
Glanbrook - Brad Parish - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 min, 8:12
Glanbrook - Brad Parish - (Abuse of Officials Misconduct) (M21), 10 min, 8:12
Glanbrook - Connor Maitz - (Slashing) (SL), 2 min, 8:33
Glanbrook - Connor Maitz - (Abuse of Officials Misconduct) (M21), 10 min, 8:33
Glanbrook - Josh Pace - (Cross Checking) (CC), 2 min, 9:44
Glanbrook - Garnet Batrynchuk - (Slashing) (SL), 2 min, 10:56
Glanbrook - Sandy Jr. Ciccarelli - (Hooking) (HKG), 2 min, 15:00
Glanbrook - Cameron Lapointe - (Roughing) (RO), 2 min, 17:28
Anyone see anything wrong with this? Pathetic is the only word I can think of to describe this. An official making something personal against a group of kids that are in the middle of a battle in the standings. Bravo, bravo!! :smt078 :smt023
were you at the game ?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

BillyTheKid wrote:were you at the game ?
Was going to ask the same thing.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

We all know the answer to that question already.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Last edited by Port hockey1 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:
Oh yes for sure.. I drove right on down there from Port Colborne. :P Didn't know you had to be at the game to realize this ref had a vendetta. The first reply to this thread told me all I need to know.

I go to local games in Welland, sometimes Fort Erie & Niagara Falls. Been to Dunnville a few times, been to Grimsby quite a few times. But I follow the entire GOJHL as well as several of the JR.C divisions.. I follow the OJHL, OHL, and the Brock Badgers as well... Oops, and the NHL, GMHL, etc.

So according to some people's opinions, I'd better get a time travelling machine so I can start getting out to 20-30 games a night. :P I'm a hockey fan, when I see something like this penalty summary it's pretty obvious what happened. :)
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:
Oh yes for sure.. I drove right on down there from Port Colborne. :P Didn't know you had to be at the game to realize this ref had a vendetta. The first reply to this thread told me all I need to know.

I go to local games in Welland, sometimes Fort Erie & Niagara Falls. Been to Dunnville a few times, been to Grimsby quite a few times. But I follow the entire GOJHL as well as several of the JR.C divisions.. I follow the OJHL, OHL, and the Brock Badgers as well... Oops, and the NHL, GMHL, etc.

So according to some people's opinions, I'd better get a time travelling machine so I can start getting out to 20-30 games a night. :P I'm a hockey fan, when I see something like this penalty summary it's pretty obvious what happened. :)
jesus man relax I was asking a simple question you get pretty defensive pretty fast on here I've noticed. For all you know though the game could've been a gong show and they were obvious calls. So for you to come on here and start ripping the ref about terrible calls when you weren't even there seems a little different to me that's all . I don't know and you don't know bc we weren't there. But I've noticed with you everything u say is right so there's no point on getting into a dust up with you about anything.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote:.....................
If you want to get into an argument about a game that you were there and witnessed then that's fine but don't rip on a game that you didnt even watch. Unless you know somebody that was there and they told you. I was asking a simple question because I was going to ask you how O"Keefe looked since going back to jr c that's all. But you will be able to tell me that just by going on point streak right ?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:.....................
If you want to get into an argument about a game that you were there and witnessed then that's fine but don't rip on a game that you didnt even watch. Unless you know somebody that was there and they told you. I was asking a simple question because I was going to ask you how O"Keefe looked since going back to jr c that's all. But you will be able to tell me that just by going on point streak right ?
All I'm saying is something was up with that game. And that's just my opinion. I wouldn't know about O'Keefe, as I've only been to a pair of C games earlier this season. Dunnville looked awful both games.

And my reply was done so with a lot of sarcasm, that's why the icons were there. I have no problem being told I'm wrong when I am. But in this situation, only people who attended that game can tell me I was wrong. Anyone who wasn't can disagree with my take, and even add their take if they wish to.

If you would like to know how I know this ref had a vendetta based on the boxscore, just look at it closely. Then compare it to past Glanbrook games. The first two periods, sure maybe that's a fluke. But in the third, only one side gets a roughing & inciting penalty. Then the next couple of calls include abuse of officials penalties.

What are the chances their opponents, who normally take penalty's like the other teams, played a flawless game. So flawless that their kid did nothing while his opponent was roughing him. Then said nothing after his opponent started yapping at him. And so flawless that Glanbrook players were clearly wondering why they were the only team being called in the third period, hence the abuse of officials calls after several penalties.

That's where my opinion comes from. But everyone is entitled to their own takes on things. :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Being from Caledonia I have watch a lot of NDJC hockey. Glanbrook and Hagersville being so close. Some games in Port Dover with there home games being Sunday afernoon. But I was not at this game. I was talking to a guy Monday night in Caledonia that was at the game. He is a big Glanbrook fan so can't really say what he said. But I have seen this ref in action (Bradshaw) I agree with Seth he's brutal. And Port Dover not getting one penalty. I have seen Port Dover play.
For Okeefe he was in Caledonia beginning of the year. They release him or sent him to Thorold. I think Thorold sent him back to Port Dover. I have watch him play JR-C not a bad player. But in JR-B he looks small and shy s away from the hitting. He play for Thorold APJ .Monday night in Caledonia did nothing. Good year last year in JR- C. I don't think he's going to make it JR-B. And he's allready a 97 better to stay in JR-C.