Woodstock fact checking..

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

cpt obvious

Woodstock fact checking..

Post by cpt obvious »

So I've been trolling the Jr.C sites to start familiarizing myself with the teams and so forth. I come across the Woodstock Navy Vets announcement for the hiring of their new head coach and it states he was an assistant with the London Nationals last season. Anyone on here knows I follow the Nats religiously and that kid was not on the Nats staff last season. Who hires coaches without fact checking?
I'm actually surprised the Nats brass hasn't set this straight, they're usually all over anyone trying to use their name for personal gain.
Seth

Re: Woodstock fact checking..

Post by Seth »

Looking at his Bio and the only thing I see is that he played for the Nationals in his playing days and that he has coached in the London Jr Knights system the past five years.
Seth

Post by Seth »

I did just look at the release and saw that though. It's the only place that shows that, but yeah, you think they could have at least checked this out before putting it in a media release.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

cpt obvious wrote:Anyone on here knows I follow the Nats religiously and that kid was not on the Nats staff last season.
I think you might be wrong. I saw him at the Nats games last season hanging around the table where the FastHockey equipment was. I think he was like Noah Schwartz, eye in the sky type deal.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

RocketGirl wrote:
cpt obvious wrote:Anyone on here knows I follow the Nats religiously and that kid was not on the Nats staff last season.
I think you might be wrong. I saw him at the Nats games last season hanging around the table where the FastHockey equipment was. I think he was like Noah Schwartz, eye in the sky type deal.

No he wasn't. Noah Schwartz was definitely the video guy, the Wilson kid had nothing to do with the staff. Maybe he was going to help in some capacity but he wasn't an assistant coach. That's been confirmed. He's a kid that's using the Nationals success to help him get somewhere hoping nobody fact checks his resume..and he was right by the looks of it.
Not here to trash the kid I just wanted to point out this little tidbit of info when I came across it. Neither here nor there for me.