Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introduced

Post by flyers2011 »

End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introduced

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hopefully they can turn that franchise around.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

More from the Lakers. Lets hope they can turn this around.

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/04/ ... ship-group
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

A lot of talk about this on the other forum.
New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedApril 13 2016 at 10:41 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous (Login GLJC06)

http://www.cksn.ca/2016/04/new-lakers-o ... ntroduced/

I love the Logo, ive talked to one of the owners, money will be no object in making this team competitive. Look for big things in wallyworld next season.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts. Respond to this message
Author Reply
Anonymous
(Login maroonsnation)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 13 2016, 11:37 PM

Heard a main reason is to take down Essex, even people in the town of Essex want to see them go down. Wallaceburg will be in a good spot next season.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login sx73s1977)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 12:36 AM

Not sure the motive behind the purchase but as far as wanting to beat Essex stand in line. Who doesn't. Laus is from Belle River so he must want to beat the Canadiens too. He owns Lauzon Veterinarian Hospital in east Windsor and Byrne Sr is a lawyer in Essex a writer and was or still is the chair of economic development Windsor-Essex. Not sure about Byrne's son. Byrne has sponsored the 73s for many years. He is originally from Maidstone. Congratulations and best of luck to the new ownership group. Hopefully they can turn that program around but it's going to take a lot more than just money.

Anonymous
(Login silkymitts88)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 4:29 AM

Has to be one of the worst logos I've see. In awhile, looks like an ECHL "fun game night" logo. To be honest isn't that the fish from Godzilla? Haha

But the son has played semi pro? Can anyone show me stats? I've looked and can't find them just 3 games in the OHL, if that's all you need to have deep hockey roots join the club of many people buddy. Not trying to crush his dreams but if you state it please have the proof

Anonymous
(Login cksportsnetwork)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 6:33 AM

Here's an update. Lakers new owners eyeing a championship, not a move:http://www.cksn.ca/2016/04/new-owners-s ... mpionship/

Anonymous
(Login pucksdeep)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 8:01 AM

Congrats on the new ownership.. hopefully they can restore some respectability to the organization.
As for the logo though, that is just down right awful. Probably the worst thing i've seen.

Anonymous
(Login MarkHagerman)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 9:29 AM

I think you are being to critical of the logo, the teams name is the Lakers so you are limited there, the logo will be a fan favorite of the younger kids, very smart in my opinion. That's looking to the future and that seems to be the groups priority, all the best to the Lakers organization.

Anonymous
(Login LakerTime)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 11:17 AM

Is that suppose to be the Loch Ness Monster in the logo?

Anonymous
(Login GOJHLFAN)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 11:28 AM

The new Logo is better then what they had, this is a very GOOD thing for this organization.

Anonymous
(Login sx73s1977)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 11:40 AM

haters and criticizers

Anonymous
(Login Adsrule)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 12:25 PM

what is Petrolia going to be called?

Anonymous
(Login silkymitts88)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 2:48 PM

Didn't they release earlier that it would the old logo? It doesn't bug me, always liked that old logo they had just saying it looked better less of a cartoon. But I still want to know where this guy played semi pro? Because I've never heard of him and he's only a year older

Anonymous
(Login LakerTime)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 2:59 PM

If he played any pro hockey he will be on www.hockeydb.com

Anonymous
(Login Y2J01)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 3:48 PM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=25996

Anonymous
(Login silkymitts88)
Re: New Wallaceburg Lakers ownership introducedNo score for this post April 14 2016, 4:26 PM

Yea got that same search, but that's OHL where's the semi pro as it says in the article. Even looked on elite prospects. Seems like a bit of joke reporting haha along with someone buffing their resume
http://www.network54.com/Forum/626310/t ... introduced
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102