Jr.C Teams loading up on talent

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Jr.C Teams loading up on talent

Post by Port hockey1 »

With all the commotion surrounding Caledonia's decision to go all in this year, hoping to set a GOJHL league record with a 3rd straight Sutherland Cup. I thought I'd write a thread about this being an actual issue in Jr.C.

For the record; Caledonia has been one of the best teams in the GOJHL when it comes to developing young talent. This season they've loaded up on 20 year olds, many being ex OHL players... No different than the many ex OHL players playing on many other teams in the league. :roll:

There's several Jr.C teams loading up on Jr.B talent. The same several teams typically make these moves every season. They pay huge dollars to get the rights to some of these players too. The end result is the same Jr.C teams win their league year after year.

Look at Essex, Grimsby, Dorchester, Exeter, Mount Forest, Alliston, etc. All teams that win their leagues every year. In Dorchester's & Exeter's case, they're part of a newer system and have both loaded up on Jr.B talent.

The difference between most of these OHL players and these Jr.B players is very similar. 4th line OHL players come to Jr.B and put up points. 2nd-4th line Jr.B players come to Jr.C and put up points. We don't see many top 6 OHL forwards come back to Jr.B. But we see many top 3 Jr.B players dropping down to Jr.C., and putting up crazy points totals.

And I've only mentioned a few Jr.C teams. Many more go after top Jr.B talent too!

If these levels of Jr.C, Jr.B & Jr.A are about developing players... The entire system is deeply flawed.

We have Caledonia loading up Once, and everyone's in an uproar. Yet these Jr.C teams are allowed to do it every year! :smt021 :smt031 :smt117

Sorry, but those Jr.C roster spots should be for developing young talent. That's what this system's all about, right? Not a place for 19-20 year olds to tear up scoring races!

In my opinion, the Caledonia Corvairs are doing the right thing. They have a chance set a league record, obviously you go all in. Many of their 20 year olds are also playing for scholarships! Caledonia has given many of these kids a chance to shine for the scouts.

So in my opinion, if anyone wants to talk about the GOJHL being a develpment league, they better take a good look at a lot of Jr.C teams before they start tinkering with the Jr.B level!

There's also a few other GOJHL team's with several ex OHL players... Just saying. :D

I think the three levels are fine the way they are. Either every team, from all three levels stop adding 20 year olds to make a run, or we leave things alone. Trades should only be permitted in cases where a player is moving to attend school. All players doing so should have to provide proof of new address.

If it's all about development, why does Chatham, Leamington, LaSalle, London, Waterloo, Stratford, Kitchener, Caledonia, St.Catharines, etc. need to make these trades and additions every season :?: :?: :?:

Like I said, make it all about development, or drop the fuss. 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
CorvairCowards

Re: Jr.C Teams loading up on talent

Post by CorvairCowards »

Does your jaw get sore?

From all the time you spend blowing Caledonia on this board of course. I mean seriously dude. We get it.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

I have issue with any team that does this. If you feel the need to go after me for what I said, then say it in the thread rather than start a new one. It's weak.

The system IS flawed. The fact that Jr. A can have more 16 year olds than B and C makes no sense to me. More young players should be playing C and B, IMO, and moving up the chain. I'd start to move away from Midget hockey in general. It's just my opinion. Look at some of the good players tearing up Jr. C as 99s and 98s right now - Andy Baker in Huntsville, Chris Cudek in Dundas, Blair Butchart in Mount Forest. There's a long list. That's what I'd like to see more of, rather than 21 year olds playing the lowest levels of junior hockey.

And I also said I have no issue with a couple older guys that are there mentoring the young core. Penticton has Brodeur and Conway there with their younger core.

And this isn't a beat up on Caledonia thing. I don't like that Trenton does similar things at times in the OJ, despite not being as obvious.

It's a personal opinion. That's all.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

CorvairCowards wrote:Does your jaw get sore?

From all the time you spend blowing Caledonia on this board of course. I mean seriously dude. We get it.
Hey kid, post something that contributes to the conversation or get lost! This isn't a place to come troll the boards.

8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:I have issue with any team that does this. If you feel the need to go after me for what I said, then say it in the thread rather than start a new one. It's weak.

The system IS flawed. The fact that Jr. A can have more 16 year olds than B and C makes no sense to me. More young players should be playing C and B, IMO, and moving up the chain. I'd start to move away from Midget hockey in general. It's just my opinion. Look at some of the good players tearing up Jr. C as 99s and 98s right now - Andy Baker in Huntsville, Chris Cudek in Dundas, Blair Butchart in Mount Forest. There's a long list. That's what I'd like to see more of, rather than 21 year olds playing the lowest levels of junior hockey.

And I also said I have no issue with a couple older guys that are there mentoring the young core. Penticton has Brodeur and Conway there with their younger core.

And this isn't a beat up on Caledonia thing. I don't like that Trenton does similar things at times in the OJ, despite not being as obvious.

It's a personal opinion. That's all.

I didn't have any issues with what you said. What are you even talking about???

This is a thread for a reason, if I had any issues with you, I'd tell you. So... :?: :?: :?: