Last Team Standing

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

tendee
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Last Team Standing

Post by tendee » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:15 am

predictions on who will win JrC title this year?




User avatar
Blades
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: Watching some sport somewhere.

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Blades » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Pretty much a given it's going to be Essex from the GLJCHL. Nothing new from that league.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic

flyers2011
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Windsor

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by flyers2011 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Essex will win the GLJCHL most likely yes, Mooretown hasn't given them much of a challenge, if not for there goalie it would be a couple blowouts. Amherstburg or Blenheim will give them a bigger challenge. If the 73's get out of the area they will face a much bigger challenge, lots of good teams out there, I am picking Alliston to be the team to beat for the cup.
End of a era in Leamington

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:23 pm

flyers2011 wrote:Essex will win the GLJCHL most likely yes, Mooretown hasn't given them much of a challenge, if not for there goalie it would be a couple blowouts. Amherstburg or Blenheim will give them a bigger challenge. If the 73's get out of the area they will face a much bigger challenge, lots of good teams out there, I am picking Alliston to be the team to beat for the cup.
It's kind of early to predict. your right if the 73's get out of the area they got bigger challenges there going to be there I think
Alliston another good team one of the favourites to win. They got a big wakeup call from Erie they should finish it tonight
Your right there's a lot of good teams out there.I like Port Hope and Walkerton too. It's always hard to predict these teams that get a bye.

tendee
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by tendee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:12 am

essex will win their league-once outside it will get interesting

tendee
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by tendee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:41 am

by this weekend only 16 teams will remain

tendee
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by tendee » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:53 pm

any predictions- down to 8 teams now

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Port Hope vs Port Perry
Port hope beat Clarington last year 4-2 on there way to the finals.
I love to see Port Perry win but I think it's going to be Port Hope
But I'm going with Port Perry 6 games.

Kincardine vs Alliston
Alliston beat Walkerton 4-3 last year. Came back from being down 3 games
Alliston have had a easy time of it so far. I'm going with Kincardine in 6 games

Grimsby vs Ayr
Last year Ayr won 4-2
This year Grimsby in 7 why stop now

Essex vs Dorchester
Essex beat Exeter 4-0 last year
But if Dorchester can jump on them early with Wheaton being out
Dorchester in 6

I know I took all the underdogs but we need a change. So maybe I'll get one right.

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2603
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Port hockey1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Caledonia Fan wrote:Port Hope vs Port Perry
Port hope beat Clarington last year 4-2 on there way to the finals.
I love to see Port Perry win but I think it's going to be Port Hope
But I'm going with Port Perry 6 games.

Kincardine vs Alliston
Alliston beat Walkerton 4-3 last year. Came back from being down 3 games
Alliston have had a easy time of it so far. I'm going with Kincardine in 6 games

Grimsby vs Ayr
Last year Ayr won 4-2
This year Grimsby in 7 why stop now

Essex vs Dorchester
Essex beat Exeter 4-0 last year
But if Dorchester can jump on them early with Wheaton being out
Dorchester in 6

I know I took all the underdogs but we need a change. So maybe I'll get one right.
Port Hope in 5 games.

Alliston in 6 games.

Grimsby in 6 games.

Dorchester in 6 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

flyers2011
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Windsor

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by flyers2011 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:13 am

Port hope in 5
Alliston in 5
Dorchester in 6
Ayr in 7
End of a era in Leamington

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:22 am

Elite Eight Quarter Finals from Pointstreak

http://www.pointstreak.com/news_story.html?id=419399

three dog night
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by three dog night » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Grismby still wins the Niagara district league despite a so so regular season in tough against Ayr,

User avatar
leafs63
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by leafs63 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:22 am

Essex takes game 1, 5-2
Port Hope wins 7-6

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2603
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Port hockey1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Grimsby wins 5-2, series tied 1-1.


Essex wins 4-0 and dominates the game. Essex leads series 2-0.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

three dog night
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by three dog night » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Ayr at Grismby tonight then then both teams off till Friday .

three dog night
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by three dog night » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Ayr beat Grismby 3 to 2 for a two one lead in the series.

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2603
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Port hockey1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Essex scores 7 power play goals, all in the 2nd period tonight as they defeated Dorchester 10-0 :lol: :shock:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

tendee
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by tendee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:46 am

Essex, Port Hope and Alliston a win away from advancing

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:36 am

Port Hope moves on to the semi finals with a 4-1 win.
I see Goody got a game misconduct on abuse of officials.
Port Perry just couldn't score on the PP 2-27
Looks like the semi finals will be the same as last year.

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:43 am

Ayr wins 3-1 to take a 3-1 game lead
Lots of penalties in this one
PP Grimsby 0-12 Ayr 1-11

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 am

AYR WINS 5-0 TO TAKE SERIES 4-1 IN GAMES
GRIMSBY SHUTOUT IN THE LAST TWO GAMES
GRIMSBY JUST COULD'NT GET P P GOING TOO EVEN MAKE IT A SERIES.
AYR MOVES ON TO TAKE ESSEX

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:33 am

Essex wins 4-1 to take series 4-0 in games
Dorchester too many penalties
Essex P P was lights out
Essex moves on to take Ayr

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:39 am

Kincardine hangs on to win 4-3 to stay alive
Series is 3-1 in games for Alliston

tendee
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by tendee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 am

have to wait for Alliston Kin series to find 4th semi team
probably going to be Alliston Port Hope and Essex Ayr
PH Essex Ayr all won in 4 or 5

User avatar
leafs63
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by leafs63 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:51 am

Don't know if Essex surprised everyone by beating Dorchester because nobody predicted them to win. Might just be that Essex is hated so much that people just wants them to loose. I think who ever Essex plays in the semis, they will win the series and move on to the finals.

User avatar
leafs63
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by leafs63 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:32 am

Semis
Alliston vs Port Hope
Ayr vs Essex

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Essex in 6
Port hope - 6
A repeat from last year Port Hope and Essex in final

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:46 pm

leafs63 wrote:Don't know if Essex surprised everyone by beating Dorchester because nobody predicted them to win. Might just be that Essex is hated so much that people just wants them to loose. I think who ever Essex plays in the semis, they will win the series and move on to the finals.
I don't think people hate Essex there the champs. I just thought Dorchester would have put up more of a fight.

That SOJHL play more of a wide open hockey lots of shots and goals. They seem to get frustrated and take lots of penalties when there's less ice.
And Essex is a great team with a deadly power play.

Caledonia Fan
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Caledonia Fan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Just for the people that didn't know. From the web site.
For the 1st time in Schmalz Cup history the SF matchups will be a repeat affair ...

For 2nd year in a row Essex will play Ayr and Alliston will play Port Hope in the SF ...

It will be 5th straight season Essex has made the SF and 12th in last 15 years ...

It will be the 2nd consecutive SF appearance for Alliston and 8th in 9 years ...

Ayr and Port Hope are making their 2nd straight and only appearances in the SF ...

User avatar
Port hockey1
Posts: 2603
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Location: Maroon's

Re: Last Team Standing

Post by Port hockey1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:38 pm

Caledonia Fan wrote:Just for the people that didn't know. From the web site.
For the 1st time in Schmalz Cup history the SF matchups will be a repeat affair ...

For 2nd year in a row Essex will play Ayr and Alliston will play Port Hope in the SF ...

It will be 5th straight season Essex has made the SF and 12th in last 15 years ...

It will be the 2nd consecutive SF appearance for Alliston and 8th in 9 years ...

Ayr and Port Hope are making their 2nd straight and only appearances in the SF ...
The Essex fans, well the few who post on the other forum makes it hard to like that team... But they're a well built team that's coached extremely well. I thought Grimsby was good.... Then I discovered just how good Essex is! :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102

Post Reply