Niagara JR-C

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Re: Niagara JR-C

Post by Port hockey1 »

Beehive wrote:So here we are once again. I see that the Peach Kings managed to prevail to the championship round. Ho hum.......... The time for another team to step up and end this nonsense is long overdue.
They won fair and square. They simply have the hardest working team in the league. That and great goaltending. There's several other teams that were deeper than them this season. Its not like they load up on highly skilled players.

They get hard work from all four lines and their defense. They're the Leamington of Jr.C. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
tendee

Post by tendee »

Grimsby Ayr rematch
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

All year long Niagara JR-C teams have fought hard against Grimsby.
Round one - Port Dover wins the first two games. Grimsby fights back and win's the next four.
Round 2 - Grimsby and Dundas went 7 games. Grimsby hangs on and wins game 7 1-0
Round 3 - Glanbrook and Grimsby in the finals goes 7 games 3 games in O/T
Grimsby hangs on again and wins game 7 by 3-2
Congrats to Grimsby you never gave up.
I did find out from some Glanbrook fans why Grimsby won.Because of Grimsby goalie.
It's not fair a 21 year old goalie (1994).LOL HERE WE GO AGAIN
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I certainly did not say that they didn't win fair and square or work hard only that I am tired of seeing them advance every year. It is time for some other team to step it up. Plain and simple.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Changes to the River Hawks

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... nch-bosses

Interesting comments about not getting local JR-B players.And the relationship with local JR-B coaches.
Like it or not the future will be a JR-C team will be affiliate with a JR-B team. A JR-B team will be affiliate tier 2 JR-A team.
Just like what there trying to do to the U-18 - CCHL 2 - CCHL
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Changes to the River Hawks

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... nch-bosses

Interesting comments about not getting local JR-B players.And the relationship with local JR-B coaches.
Like it or not the future will be a JR-C team will be affiliate with a JR-B team. A JR-B team will be affiliate tier 2 JR-A team.
Just like what there trying to do to the U-18 - CCHL 2 - CCHL
Very good read. Getting good Junior B players was always a problem for the Riverhawks even when they were based in Chippawa. It seemed like any good player that became available from the Niagara region of the Golden Horseshoe that didn't latch onto another B team somehow always wound up on the roster of the Grimsby Peach Kings. I saw this first hand when my son was playing for the Dundas Blues which probably explains why Grimsby was always at the top of the heap. I think that an affiliation with a Junior B team would only benefit the Junior C club and limit players going to one team.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

The Niagara RiverHawks new head coach is Rob DeGiuli.
Coached Niagara Falls Canucks midget A hockey team.
OMHA crown winner.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2016/0 ... riverhawks

The Hagersville Hawks are looking for a new head coach.
That's all I know.