2nd Round Playoff Predictions

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

2nd Round Playoff Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia(1) vs Hamilton(4)- Caledonia in 5

Niagara Falls(2) vs St.Catharines(3)- Niagara Falls in 7
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
CC1

Re: 2nd Round Playoff Predictions

Post by CC1 »

Caledonia will take Hamilton in 4
St Catharines over the Falls in 7. The Canucks struggled against FE.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Corvairs in 4

Falcons in 6
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia lost a top player for a while last night. A match penalty for attempt to injure.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
PassThePuck

Post by PassThePuck »

Why only 4 games for intent it injure?
That is a serious penalty.
If you go by he OHA rule book, the penalty code used on game sheet states 7 games for it.

Surely there is not “levels” of intent to injure?
PassThePuck

Post by PassThePuck »

PassThePuck wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am Why only 4 games for intent it injure?
If you go by he OHA rule book, the penalty code used on game sheet states 7 games for it.

Just checked. They changed it on the game sheet to MP40. It was MP99 before.

Was at the game.
they cheered the infraction and whined and complained at all penalties, as if they are angels. Also In typical Cali fashion, focused attempts to intimidate the smaller players was very noticeable. Such class act the Corvairs are! LOL.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

How can they change the penalty on Pointstreak after the refs have signed off on it as an MP99 (which would have been 7 games)?
PassThePuck

Post by PassThePuck »

I don’t know.
I guess it’s no different than phantom assists being added or changed after the fact.
It happens.
None the less, it was a deliberate intent to injure. I saw it. MP99 is not the same infraction but yes, is 7 games.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

[/quote]

Also In typical Cali fashion, focused attempts to intimidate the smaller players was very noticeable. Such class act the Corvairs are! LOL.
[/quote]

Nothing surprising here. It's the Caledonia Bushleaguers after all.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

PassThePuck wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am
PassThePuck wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am Why only 4 games for intent it injure?

Was at the game.
they cheered the infraction and whined and complained at all penalties, as if they are angels. Also In typical Cali fashion, focused attempts to intimidate the smaller players was very noticeable. Such class act the Corvairs are! LOL.
Fans whine about the calls in every arena. And using your size against the smaller players is part of the game. Some people just look for reasons to bash Caledonia. lol
PassThePuck

Post by PassThePuck »

Port hockey1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm
PassThePuck wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am

Was at the game.
Fans whine about the calls in every arena. And using your size against the smaller players is part of the game. Some people just look for reasons to bash Caledonia. lol
To clarify... it was the Cali players and coaches whining, not the fans.
And it was after the whistle bravado crap trying to get smaller players to react, and using slurs I might add, not “using their size” against them.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

If that's the case, it will catch up with them. When a team with that much power is having a hard time scoring goals, that's what they should be focused on.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

It is to no ones surprise that the Corvairs act the way they do. They were the most penalized team in the entire GOJHL this year.
They do have a good team but in no way are they as strong as they have been in the past. They self destructed two years ago in
the Suthy finals and there was no doubt in my mind if they made it to the finals again this year they would self destruct again.
Discipline being the big problem .

The GM, the players and the entire coaching staff all lack discipline.
PassThePuck

Post by PassThePuck »

Too many individuals, too many egos. Just go listen to the HockeyTV video and how the commentators were saying how they were acting like little children after they didn’t get the game puck. LOL. Sore winners.

I hear most players on team are paid, a few getting big bucks. Why care about the game puck? Use any puck! Trying to pick a fight over that? Wow. I have no way to prove the pay comment, but it is long been said to be true. If so, that unbalances the playing field with ex-OHL players who didn’t work out in Major Jr. Unfair to those who pay to play and are just as good.