Attendance

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

OutsideLookingIn

Attendance

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Brantford ....49 fans.... that is very sad. How can DD make a go of this franchise?
jfvoll

Re: Attendance

Post by jfvoll »

OutsideLookingIn wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:09 pm Brantford ....49 fans.... that is very sad. How can DD make a go of this franchise?
Since he has the OJHL team, I don't think he cares about the B team. I heard rumors they might be moving but Im not sure about that.
OutsideLookingIn

Where have you heard they were moving too?
JruGordon

Post by JruGordon »

Burlington.

Or maybe a merger with the Jr C team in Woodstock (similar to how the old Brantford Jr B team merged with Caledonia when they were still Jr C).

Another new rumor I've heard is Tillsonburg.
OutsideLookingIn

I agree with both Woodstock or Tillsonburg. Great rinks to play in. And to be honest, Tillsonburg deserves better than that GMHL bull s*^#
phillipdh

Post by phillipdh »

JruGordon wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:30 am Burlington.

Or maybe a merger with the Jr C team in Woodstock (similar to how the old Brantford Jr B team merged with Caledonia when they were still Jr C).

Would love to see a Jr. B team in Woodstock or Tillsonburg, expansion team rather than a relocation though
I make hockey teams look good
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

phillipdh wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:16 pm
JruGordon wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:30 am Burlington.

Would love to see a Jr. B team in Woodstock or Tillsonburg, expansion team rather than a relocation though
There are too many junior teams in Ontario as it is. The leagues (all of them) are so watered down in comparison.

Wonder why the NAHL, BCHL, etc. are so much better?
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

ILuvHackey wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:24 am There are too many junior teams in Ontario as it is. The leagues (all of them) are so watered down in comparison.

Wonder why the NAHL, BCHL, etc. are so much better?
I agree. I think they should just merge with another organization or fold. There's no real need for 26 Jr B teams in Southern Ontario along with 63 Jr C teams.

I was at the Brantford game Saturday night with a sell out crowd of 30. It's rather pathetic. The 99ers and the Bandits charge the same admission, now ask yourself, for $10 would you rather watch the Bandits host the Bombers or the 99ers host the Oakville Blades?
OutsideLookingIn

And how many show up to the 99er’s game. I can tell ya. Not a whole lot. Maybe 100-150. That’s pathetic as well.
I agree maybe retraction is needed. Start with the dissolving of the BS leagues such as the CPJHL and the GMHL. Then start with teams in Junior C and those floundering in GOJHL and OJHL as well.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

OutsideLookingIn wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:41 pm And how many show up to the 99er’s game. I can tell ya. Not a whole lot. Maybe 100-150. That’s pathetic as well.
What's more pathetic is that there is 8 teams in the OJHL doing worse in attendance. It's interesting to note that the Bombers average more in attendance than the Brampton Admirals who play in the same rink, wear the same style of jerseys. I'm not sure why Brampton has teams in both leagues as well.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

jfvoll wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 pm
OutsideLookingIn wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:41 pm And how many show up to the 99er’s game. I can tell ya. Not a whole lot. Maybe 100-150. That’s pathetic as well.
What's more pathetic is that there is 8 teams in the OJHL doing worse in attendance. It's interesting to note that the Bombers average more in attendance than the Brampton Admirals who play in the same rink, wear the same style of jerseys. I'm not sure why Brampton has teams in both leagues as well.
Owner trying to copy the CCHL model. Keeps the kids in their system for the entirety of their junior career. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$