St.Catharines Falcons puzzling moves

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

St.Catharines Falcons puzzling moves

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Falcons have made some interesting recent moves. First it looked like they were throwing in the towel on this season when they dealt a pair of top players to Niagara Falls for a lot less talent in return. Then they added a veteran scorer from Fort Erie, and brought in a veteran D from a higher level. Those recent moves implies they plan on contending. But why make that trade with Niagara Falls, strengthening a potential future playoff opponent?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
FrozenPonds

Re: St.Catharines Falcons puzzling moves

Post by FrozenPonds »

Sometimes there is a lot more to trades than the on-ice competitiveness. Not saying that was the case here but there are lots of variables that go into a trade!
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:53 pm The Falcons have made some interesting recent moves. First it looked like they were throwing in the towel on this season when they dealt a pair of top players to Niagara Falls for a lot less talent in return. Then they added a veteran scorer from Fort Erie, and brought in a veteran D from a higher level. Those recent moves implies they plan on contending. But why make that trade with Niagara Falls, strengthening a potential future playoff opponent?
A lot less talent (I don't think so I see two points difference between all four players) also the two players coming over from the falls know how to back check.
drafty

Post by drafty »

A lot less talent (I don't think so I see two points difference between all four players) also the two players coming over from the falls know how to back check.
Exactly. From what I've seen so far, I think St.Catharines definitely got the better of that deal.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like Niagara Falls won that trade so far. Two straight wins over the Falcons. Falcons lost again in Hamilton tonight.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like the Falcons added some grit. But he has to focus on the opposition, not the officials...
St. Catharines - Matt Bazarin - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 1:27
St. Catharines - Matt Bazarin - (Abuse of Officials) (Game Misconduct) (GM21), 0 MIN, 4:35
St. Catharines - Matt Bazarin - (Physical Abuse of Off.) (Game Ejection) (GE25), 0 MIN, 4:35
TEAM TRANSACTION
St. Catharines Bazarin, Matt (F) placed on league suspension for 9 games
Guess they were looking to match the aggressive style Caledonia plays with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

PH 1

Looks like the Meteors got better players from the Falcons then the Canucks did.

LOL
JruGordon

Post by JruGordon »

Port hockey1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:45 pm Looks like the Falcons added some grit. But he has to focus on the opposition, not the officials...
St. Catharines - Matt Bazarin - (High Sticking) (HS), 2 MIN, 1:27
St. Catharines - Matt Bazarin - (Abuse of Officials) (Game Misconduct) (GM21), 0 MIN, 4:35
St. Catharines - Matt Bazarin - (Physical Abuse of Off.) (Game Ejection) (GE25), 0 MIN, 4:35
TEAM TRANSACTION
St. Catharines Bazarin, Matt (F) placed on league suspension for 9 games
Guess they were looking to match the aggressive style Caledonia plays with.
Bazarin was suspended 3 times this year in the NOJHL:

September 14 - Matthew Bazarin - GM76 Second Misconduct - Same Game (last 10 minutes) - one game

October 16 - Matthew Bazarin - GM41.13 Head Contact (Major) - League Review - elevated to MP50.3 (match) - six games

November 22 - Matthew Bazarin - GM21 Disputing Call of Official / Obscene, profane, abusive language or gesture - two games + $150.00 fine

And then last year:

November 4 - Matthew Bazarin - MP21 Physical abuse of an official - intentional contact - thirteen games + fine

February 17 - Matthew Bazarin - GM21 Abuse of Official - two games + fine

April 18 - Matthew Bazarin - GM38 Instigator - one game
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Wow. Why do the Falcons bring in these kind of players. A 5 minute penalty in a playoff game could cost a team the series.
ppanza

Post by ppanza »

What did he do to get the Physical Abuse of official?