The End of Club Teams

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Jumpin

The End of Club Teams

Post by Jumpin »

Sources have verified that the new governance model will eliminate all club teams over the next 4 to 5 years if not sooner. This was accomplished in the OJ and now is about to happen in the GOJHL next followed by the Pjhl
The owners want value for their franchisees and club team stand in their way. The OJ increased their values by eliminating club teams. I am sure many will bash me on this but it sure will be fun to throw this post back out to all when this happens. I personally believe this will be a shame as many club teams are great organizations in the GOJHL. Look out if your a club team because this is coming faster than you think. Can’t stop this train now.
drafty

Re: The End of Club Teams

Post by drafty »

What is a 'club team"? Who are they in the GOJHL?
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

drafty wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:29 am What is a 'club team"? Who are they in the GOJHL?
Good question. My guess is that a club team are teams that support themselves (are community supported) vs a team that has an actual owner who foots the bill.

If that is the case that would be a shame because that would mean some of the strongest teams in the GOJHL would be considered club teams.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

I highly doubt that Listowel, Stratford, Elmira and Waterloo will fold in favor of Branford, Brampton and Cambridge.