Caledonia Corvairs

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia Corvairs

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Rumour I,m hearing around is no Caledonia team next year. Anyone else hearing anything.
ILuvHackey

Re: Caledonia Corvairs

Post by ILuvHackey »

They've moved out a lot of talent to Chatham and Waterloo recently.

As much as I pick on Caledonia, I would be disappointed to see them go.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Maybe Kenny Hill got tired of trying to buy Sutherland Cup championships, especially after they failed the last two seasons. :lol: When you're getting less than 150 fans per game it was obvious that the local Caledonia fans weren't into the Corvairs, especially when they only used a few local kids in the whole five years that they have played there. Hope the rumour is true.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I see Caledonia is in the Canucks JR. classic tournament. In Aug. 24 to 26 .Posted on N.F. Twitter page Jun 13.
If this means anything at all. You would think N.F. would have confirm this with the teams that are involved.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia will not have a team next year. I guess they're taking a year off. Personally I don't see them coming back at all.
I was happy it lasted as long as in did. I would like to thank ownership and management and all the volunteers trying to make hockey work in Caledonia again.
I will miss the battles we had with St Catharines.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Soooo? Are they still playing in the NF tournament?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Only zant would be happy to hear that one of the best teams at developing young players is leaving. Not to mention the exposure Caledonia has brought to the league. smh
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

When Caledonia decided to compete with the other teams that were bringing in OHL they did it big time. During that time suddenly the GO was ranked in top ten development leagues in the world. We got Russian goalies and a few more American US hockey league players. Fathers were saying that GO teams are being discussed all the time up in the OHL, how good teams are treating players, and many who want to get something before their careers were over. Many said they should have went to US college instead of the OHL. It's beautiful as a fan to watch teams like Listowel who developed local players, play against teams like St. Kits, London and Caledonia who loaded up, and it was pure entertainment to most, there are haters every where you can't avoid them. Thanks to Brantford I will be a jrA fan next year and if it's true that Cale is gone, I truly loved going and meeting fans from Sarnia, Lasalle, Lemmington, St Tomas, even that fan from Kitchener was fun to talk to, Cambridge was my favorite, Listowel fans were educated, Falcons, Canucks and Canadians were great times. Elmira, too many bitter ones among the true hockey people there. I hope to get up to Kitencher once in a while next year, but deep in my heart I hope the rumours aren't true
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Looks like the well finally ran dry. You can only buy so much talent year after year with less than 150 fans/game.

Wonder where the rest of the players end up.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Apparently the Caledonia Group own to many other things to come to that conclusion, who knows maybe they're the group that went after the Steelheads. More information should come out eventually to show why they packed it in there, don't think the local player issue was the reason for no support, there were other issues
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Appears the rumour is true.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180618-110602.png
Screenshot_20180618-110602.png (228.58 KiB) Viewed 24078 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Wow! That's big news, no more Corvairs? Anxious to see what that's all about!
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Love our game wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:34 am Wow! That's big news, no more Corvairs? Anxious to see what that's all about!
Says right here: http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2018/0 ... king-leave
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I hope its true but I got to see it to believe it. From the local paper.

https://www.sachem.ca/news-story/867951 ... rom-gojhl/
GOJHLHockeyFan3

Post by GOJHLHockeyFan3 »

So without Caledonia, I'm sure Hamilton and the Falcons will be the favorites and then it'll fall off the rails from there as usual.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Wonder where that 2000 goalie from Corvairs will end up. Good kid, good tendy! Teams should try and scoop him up
for sure.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

GOJHLHockeyFan3 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am So without Caledonia, I'm sure Hamilton and the Falcons will be the favorites and then it'll fall off the rails from there as usual.
There's been a lot of talk of a potential realignment.

Caledonia is out, Brantford might be out from the sounds of it. Plus the big rumor that the league was trying to force out a couple teams like Buffalo.

Maybe 2 or 3 Midwest teams could help bring some competition to Hamilton and St Kitts?

Would be interesting to see realignment as the different conferences over the years have debated which one is the best...
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

With all of these teams folding and some moving a statement from someone from the OHA/OJHL/GOJHL might be appropriate
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

They have a lot of stuff to figure out and once something official is decided I'm sure there will be a statement.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

OJHL has now activated 2018/19 season on pointstreak. A lot of transactions over the month of June.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

RagingBS wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am OJHL has now activated 2018/19 season on pointstreak. A lot of transactions over the month of June.
Probably be the same week of Showcase that GOJHL is up
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

RagingBS wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am OJHL has now activated 2018/19 season on pointstreak. A lot of transactions over the month of June.
With what Rizzetto said about players in the dressing room quitting in the finals, it should be interesting to see if teams like the Maroons are actually benefiting by their latest signings
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:48 am
Probably be the same week of Showcase that GOJHL is up
Wow they have activated the new season for GOJ as well. See how long before the schedule comes out