Caledonia vs St.Catharines, Finals, Predictions

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia vs St.Catharines, Finals, Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

On paper Caledonia has a deeper team at forward. But I think the Falcons have a deeper defence, and a better goalie. Either team could win this series.

But I`m taking St.Catharines in 7 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Welland Cougars

Re: Caledonia vs St.Catharines, Finals, Predictions

Post by Welland Cougars »

Caledonia in 5
GOJHLHockeyFan3

Post by GOJHLHockeyFan3 »

I think it's Caledonia's to lose.... With that being said, I would take Savory over McCorriston any day of the week
Welland Cougars

How many players still suspended for St. Catherines and for how long?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Well that is one way to send a message by Caledonia. 6-0 win in game 1. Sure St Catharines had some guys out but thats not the Corvairs fault. We will see if the Falcons can bounce back
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

The missing Falcons were definitely no fault of the Corvairs but probably a really good reason why the score was 6-0.
Welland Cougars

Can't be giving Caledonia 11 PP opportunities and expect to come out on top.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Falcons have a good chance to get back in this series;
TRANSACTION
Caledonia Barwell, Jesse (F) placed on league suspension for 2 games
But the Falcons also lost Dunda for 1 game. Still though, that's a big hole for the Corvairs to fill the next two games. Might be the break the Falcons needed.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia with the 3-0 win. The Falcons are now down 3 games to 0.

Looks like the Falcons top players aren't very concerned about winning in the playoffs. They took bad penalties, that led to suspensions against Ancaster. Then last night, the biggest game of their season... One of their best forwards takes a 4 minute spearing penalty in the 3rd period. smh

It's too bad this has happened. They had a good shot at advancing this year.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Alot of injuries and players out. I think the players are very frustrated as they know they had a good shot at this series. St Kitts just doesnt look right. Smilsky is apparently dealing with back spasms, I believe Busby's shoulder isnt quite right same with macarthur. Davies is playing with a fratured left hand. You cnt have some of your top players playing with injuries if you are expecting to win. Its a tough time to have a injury problem. With barwell out St Kitts definitely has a shot to push this 5 or 6 games but I cant see them coming back. Should be interesting.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

In looking at the game sheet from March 24 it looks like Miskolczi was issued a GRM63 which according to the OHA rule book is a discriminatory slur which is good for seven games minimum. Not aware of what led to this event during the Ancaster series but it turned out to be a major blow to any chance the Falcons had of winning this series. You need to have a complete lineup and play pretty much mistake-free if you have any hope of upending Caledonia. St. Catharines has already proven to have the required goaltending. All things being equal, I agree with Port that they had a better than average shot at it this year before the suspensions.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Suspensions and injuries are problems most teams have to deal with at this time of the year.

The problem the Falcons have is the same problem they've had all year long, DISCIPLINE and the lack of.

Last night was a good example. One of the 20 year old vets takes a dumb 4 minute spearing penalty late
in the third period while the Falcons were gaining momentum and pressuring the Corvairs. The Corvairs
went down the ice and scored immediately to kill and chance the Falcons had of a comeback in the game
or in the series.

On the flip side the Corvairs are playing very disciple hockey and are full value for their 3-0 lead in this series.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I see Dunda min. of 4 games now. I like St Kitt team more at the start of the season more depth. Beat Caledonia 3 times at the start I think they gave away to many players. To bring in some other players that have not really played that well. Another thing is 3 players worth 6 20 year old cards. I don't see St Kitts doing this next year. This just takes a lot of depth out of a line up.
St Kitt needs wins to even have a shot at a wild card. It looks like the midwest is going to get the wild card again.
The best player in this series so far is Charleson . St Kitt have had lots of chances 90 shots on net in 3 games 18 PP chances.
Charleson has giving up only two goals in 3 games. Savory has been good Charleson been better.
Caledonia a little more disciple than St Kitt but not by that much. But they do have more depth than St Kitts to cover injured and suspended players.
There depth players have lots of JR-B experience to.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I have to agree. The "next man up" theory works better for the Corvairs in this instance. In hindsight you also need to structure your team so that they can adjust to any opponent and not just one. Like you stated earlier, St. Catharines was put together to beat Caledonia but that is not working out so well. Ancaster took too much wind out of their sails IMO.