Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie Voted Out

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Beforme

Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie Voted Out

Post by Beforme »

Just heard that GOJHL voted Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie Out for the 2018/2019 season. This will change a lot of things in the Shoe!!
GOJHLfan1

Re: Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie Voted Out

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Beforme wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 pm Just heard that GOJHL voted Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie Out for the 2018/2019 season. This will change a lot of things in the Shoe!!
The OHA will not allow paying teams (to them anyway) to just be voted out. Other changes have to happen first.
Beforme

Post by Beforme »

GOJHL guy I heard from said they are out no matter what. They are not going to schedule the in for their season.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Beforme wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 pm GOJHL guy I heard from said they are out no matter what. They are not going to schedule the in for their season.
That is because the other changes are going to happen to force the OHAs hands
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

There's some rumors floating around the league is cutting down teams and going to two conferences.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I've heard the 2 Conference thing for a couple years now, so we'll see if that ever happens.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Should not be that difficult to do. There is no reason why the GHC teams cannot play Brampton, Brantford, Kitchener, Guelph.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 pm I've heard the 2 Conference thing for a couple years now, so we'll see if that ever happens.
My thoughts exactly.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

They may have voted them out but I am sure they will appeal and the OHA in the name of all that is holy, I mean all that is hockey will veto.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Anyone aware of the time frame for the annoucement on which teams will be in the league next year? Stories every where, Brampton, Ayr and Simcoe rumoured to be moving to Cambridge, the 3 teams leaving the shoe. 99ers moving to Milton, Tier two coming to Brantford
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

been told there is a league meeting very soon where teams will be more informed about what is going to be happening next year. My understanding is that the teams don't know too much yet.
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

So the teams don't have a lot of say in this?
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Im assuming in the end each team will have a say but for now I think its the league who is setting most of this stuff up. Each team will likely be informed and then have a vote if they want the 2 conferences. I don't know for sure though so we will see what more comes out when the meeting takes place
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

I can't imagine too many caring for the 2 conferences many because of the travel and the costs involved. I'm sure each team has an idea what is and isn't acceptable for them. It will be interesting to see what the league comes up with.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

I heard that the Brantford team will know April 15th whether they move to Milton or maybe fold and run a tier two team in either city. They may continue to run both teams where they are now, word should come out some time that week
hockey21

Post by hockey21 »

So it seems this thread is spreading a false rumor that "Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie Voted Out" of the OHA Jr B GOJHL.

The Buffalo Regals announced a new coach and the Pelham Panthers responded as follows on twitter.

Pelham Panthers
‏@Panthers_Pelham
Apr 6

Replying to @BruceIdeson1
The Pelham Panthers, Fort Erie Meteors and Buffalo Regals will all be playing Jr B hockey in the OHA this year. Maybe you should concentrate on where your organization will be playing.

https://twitter.com/Panthers_Pelham/sta ... 5140450305
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Read between the lines of what Toffolo's tweet says.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
hockey21

Post by hockey21 »

Please elaborate on your "read between the lines" comment.

The tweet says "playing Jr B hockey in the OHA". The OHA's Jr B league is the GOJHL.

What else are you suggesting?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I wouldn't really listen to anything Toffolo says anyways. lol
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Can't see this happening why would the GOJHL vote out Buffalo, Pelham and Fort Erie.
More teams more money bottom line. This makes no scenes why not vote out the bottom 3 of the other conferences.
Brampton, Brantford, Guelph, Komoka Strathroy and St Marys Don't know much about Buffalo's future.
But they were better this year and seems to be heading in the right direction.
Pelham is getting a new area next year. The Panthers will probably be the number one tenant.
Pelham also had a good year this year. They finished 18 over all this year that's better than the bottom three teams in the West and Mid West.
Fort Erie has been in the league since the 70's. Been in the GOJHL right from the start.
They do a great job of developing players that's want they do. Just look at some of the players that have started there.
Fort Erie will still be there way after teams like Caledonia. Caledonia is only there because of ownership.
That ownership ever changes there will be no JR -B team in Caledonia.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I was told that 1 argument is that for the GOJHL to succeed in the future, they need less teams. If you look at the geography of the OHA, there are certain areas with numerous Jr teams, being C and B, and there's not enough talent to go around. If the GOJHL is going to succeed, they need less teams.

As to why these 3 teams were singled out at the moment, I'm told they were delinquent on fees.
Queen of the GOJHL

hockey21

Post by hockey21 »

RocketGirl,
Thanks for your post, but your comments don't explain your "read between the lines" comment.
How would league contraction or fees due be "read between the lines" of Pelham's tweet?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I am a student of Whitey Stapleton and was taught to read between the lines. Based on information I was told, perhaps there's a possibility of them not being in the GOJHL, but still in the OHA.

If you're part of an organization that has fees, and you don't pay your fees, you're no longer part of the organization. So if these teams have not paid their fees, why should they still be part of the league?
Queen of the GOJHL

hockey21

Post by hockey21 »

RocketGirl,
1) The Pehlam tweet says "playing Jr B hockey in the OHA"
2) Your post says “there's a possibility of them not being in the GOJHL, but still in the OHA”
The OHA's Jr B league is the GOJHL. For both above statements to be true, the OHA would need to have two Jr B leagues next season
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Isn't it interesting that the tweet also says "Maybe you should focus on where your team will be playing next season". Considering bruce works for St Catherines. Im pretty sure that was what was meant. Ive heard a ton of rumours about the Cambridge owner with a lot of teams from the GOJHL showing strong interest. A lot of different scenarios that could happen. guess we will find out.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

And maybe there could be. I don't know specifics, just what I was told a few weeks ago. But remember a few years ago when the Shoe got pissed off and left the GOJHL, but were still part of the OHA? That could happen again, if there are enough teams.
Queen of the GOJHL

Tim Toffolo

Post by Tim Toffolo »

To set the record straight the Pelham Panthers have not been apart of the GOJHL Inc since July of 2017. The decision was made to stand with the OHA and the OHA’s GOJHL that was created over 11 years ago. We don’t care what others think. We follow the constitution of the OHA OHF and Hockey Canada. Those who choose to do anything else is not our concern. We know where we stand and will continue to be members of the OHA. The OHA’s constitution is very clear on all the matters you have been talking about. Go on line and read it and you will answer all your questions. Our organization chooses to follow the OHA’s constitution now and in the future. If others don’t then that is their issue and not ours. To play jr b hockey in the OHA footprint you must be members of the OHA and agree to follow the OHA, OHF and Hockey Canada’s constitutions. The OHA is the governing body for all Jr hockey in the OHA footprint. No other group has governance over the OHA.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

The Golden Horseshoe could leave the GOJHL tomorrow and they would STILL operate within the OHA!! They are a "league" which is apart of the GOJHL. I assume back in the day the powers that be decided to combine the GH, MW and WJ leagues for more power in any and all decisions of the leagues. Not sure how that has worked out for them but there has been constant bickering among more than a few teams which in essence is counterproductive to anything being achieved!

As for reading between the lines, I think it speaks volumes. Think of it as another Cambridge situation X 3 but without the threats of leaving the OHA and thus, remaining in good standing with the OHA! I am sure Leo Lostracco will go to bat for the Pelhams of the hockey world! They could apply to become members of the MW and still remain in the GOJHL.

Two conference raises the stakes for this league. It will raise the budgets for many of the teams who more than likely could not afford it. Speaking of raising the stakes, what is the GOJHL and the OHA doing about Cambridge?? Forget asking for 150k for a franchise fee OHA! It makes you look ridiculous and greedy! Cambridge should be participating! It is a team, and a community, with a storied history of participation in Junior B! If anything, the GOJHL should bring in a group to oversee the operation of the franchise until the legal mess between JM and the OHA is resolved! My guess is that is one of the reasons why Cambridge is yet to be on the conversation about participating. The legal mess is a hurdle for the OHA, one they were not expecting to face.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Toffolo, you are something else. You hide under the OHA, OHF and HC banners. You know the reason why the vast majority of teams in the GOJHL voted you out. Why have you not mentioned it ?

In your rant you mentioned the OHA's, the OHF's and HC's constitution but made no mention of the GOJHL's revised Constitution, why's that ?

You nor your franchise does nothing to add value to this league. You refused to pay the GOJHL fees and then refused to pay the fine levied upon you for not paying. Since you seem to want to tell your sad side of the story why don't you tell us what you did with the reported $1500 plus, that you collected from most of your players. You and your coaching staff told the players and their families the money was for OHA ($350) and GOJHL ($750)fees. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Tim Toffolo

Post by Tim Toffolo »

Make all the false aquzations you want to. If you were a respectful and knowledgeable person you would not hide behind a handle name. I am not bidding. You must have something to hide. Anyone is welcome to call me at any time on what we decided to do. Get your facts straight before you present your case. Your facts are very wrong.