Trade

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Red blacks

Trade

Post by Red blacks »

Interesting trade between niagara falls & st.catharies. Dante copps (d) and tanner Ferreira (f) to the Canucks for tanner brown (d) surprising to say the least.
Red blacks

Re: Trade

Post by Red blacks »

Red blacks wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 pm Interesting trade between niagara falls & st.catharies. Dante copps (d) and tanner Ferreira (f) to the Canucks for tanner brown (d) surprising to say the least.
Checking falcon website they just signed Liam Dunda (younger brother of Riley) Liam played for Moncton wildcats in the qmjhl.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Falcons also pick up Sommerville(99) from Fort Erie for Evan Miller(2000)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2018/01/05 ... -to-lineup

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2018/01/05 ... catharines

The Falcons need to be careful. They're worried about being able to compete with Caledonia in the playoffs, as they should be... But they've also helped load up the Canucks. Green, Broomhead, Ferreira, Copps... It would be ironic if the Canucks ended up taking out the Falcons in the playoffs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Falcons have added a little bit of everything. Size, skill, depth and sandpaper. A few weeks ago they added a real strong backup goalie, not that needed one as they currently have probably the best goalie in the GOJHL. Apparently they want to take a serious run in this their 50th year of operating.

The Canucks have added strength to their line up, thanks mostly to the Falcon moves. They also completed a deal with Thorold that sent a former Falcon defenceman to the Canucks. The Canucks have added skill, depth and sandpaper to their line up. The Canucks now have 7 former Falcons in their line up.( Green, Broonhead, Bauman, Ferreira, Copps, Moore and Guest )

Ancaster appears to have made some housekeeping moves. Don't know much about the kids they brought in so I am not in a position to comment on their skill levels.

Caledonia, not muck movement here. Picked up a kid from The QMJHL. Should add depth.

Welland, a few minor moves that should do nothing to improve their place in the standings.

Summary, all top 4 teams make moves to improve while the bottom 5 do little to nothing to improve their current position.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 pm Falcons have added a little bit of everything. Size, skill, depth and sandpaper. A few weeks ago they added a real strong backup goalie, not that needed one as they currently have probably the best goalie in the GOJHL. Apparently they want to take a serious run in this their 50th year of operating.

The Canucks have added strength to their line up, thanks mostly to the Falcon moves. They also completed a deal with Thorold that sent a former Falcon defenceman to the Canucks. The Canucks have added skill, depth and sandpaper to their line up. The Canucks now have 7 former Falcons in their line up.( Green, Broonhead, Bauman, Ferreira, Copps, Moore and Guest )

Ancaster appears to have made some housekeeping moves. Don't know much about the kids they brought in so I am not in a position to comment on their skill levels.

Caledonia, not muck movement here. Picked up a kid from The QMJHL. Should add depth.

Welland, a few minor moves that should do nothing to improve their place in the standings.

Summary, all top 4 teams make moves to improve while the bottom 5 do little to nothing to improve their current position.
The bottom 5 are 18+ points out from just 4th place 13-15 games to go what could any of them really done to improve? Not going to go out and pick up a whole new team with so little time left or even have a chance at any players wanting to go there.
BeenThereDoneThat

GOJHLfan1, you make some valid points but not are valid. You sum it up perfectly by saying " getting players that want to go there. There;s a reason why players don't want to go there. Players like playing for teams that demonstrate the want for continuous improvement. Continuously ending up in 5th 6th 7th 8th or 9th does nothing for your positive image or your recruitment program.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:27 pm GOJHLfan1, you make some valid points but not are valid. You sum it up perfectly by saying " getting players that want to go there. There;s a reason why players don't want to go there. Players like playing for teams that demonstrate the want for continuous improvement. Continuously ending up in 5th 6th 7th 8th or 9th does nothing for your positive image or your recruitment program.
Totally agree just cant do it mid season.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia has made some good moves. Gardiner will add even more scoring. The other forward has had a good first couple of games. And getting defensmen J.W. was a pretty big move in my opinion.

Getting Guest was huge for Niagara Falls. Their top 4 defensemen are as good as anyones.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:16 pm Caledonia has made some good moves. Gardiner will add even more scoring. The other forward has had a good first couple of games. And getting defensmen J.W. was a pretty big move in my opinion.

We don't do initials here. Just say Jack Weiringa.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Falcons announce another signing today. Former Erie Otter, free agent, Carson Edwardson.