McCabe

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

McCabe

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

A decent hockey player when he concentrates on hockey but unfortunately he was brought up thinking that brutality and being known as a goon was far more important than any team goals. The team coaching staff should take a good long look in the mirror. Maybe if the staff had suspended him and sat his ass in the press box for a few games, when his selfish attitude rose again this year, maybe the action taken by the OHA took wouldn't have been necessary.
zantimisfit

Re: McCabe

Post by zantimisfit »

First off, McCabe is not a goon who thinks brutality. The guy rarely fights anybody. He is nothing but a big-mouth trash talker who "tries" to take opposition players off their game. Most of his penalty minutes are for misconducts and head contact penalties.For the most part he's nothing but a lazy, big body who can get in front of the net and score some decent goals. Like you said, if he concentrated on playing properly he'd be a decent player.If you don't believe me talk to the long time Canuck fans who sit behind the home bench. Looks like only his mother loves him as she's willing to verbally berate fans of the opposing team if things aren't working out for her boy or the Canucks.Wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

zantimisfit wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 pm First off, McCabe is not a goon who thinks brutality. The guy rarely fights anybody. He is nothing but a big-mouth trash talker who "tries" to take opposition players off their game. Most of his penalty minutes are for misconducts and head contact penalties.For the most part he's nothing but a lazy, big body who can get in front of the net and score some decent goals. Like you said, if he concentrated on playing properly he'd be a decent player.If you don't believe me talk to the long time Canuck fans who sit behind the home bench. Looks like only his mother loves him as she's willing to verbally berate fans of the opposing team if things aren't working out for her boy or the Canucks.Wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.
You got it bang on
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

So the Canucks finally get rid of this guy. Off to the east coast with the Woodstock Slammers.I'm assuming they don't have to honour the rest of his OHA suspension.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Good riddance