Big Test for Caledonia

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Big Test for Caledonia

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Should be a good test for Caledonia the next three games. All road games, N.F. (who they have not played yet)
Ancaster which have really improve this year and still adding players.
St Kitts next Friday who have all ready beat Caledonia.
What will be the big test is special teams. Caledonia is awful on special teams PP - 16 PK - 21
Schulz and Craievich not a goal or a point on the PP yet.
Barwell 1 ast Lauzon 3 ast Four of there top guys.
Mean while N.F. is PP - 4 PK - 11
Ancaster is PP - 6 - PK - 2
St Kitts is PP - 2 - PK - 4
Can Caledonia stay out of the box ? (NO)
This should be a big test because they have had it easy so far.
Only three games that they played were teams over the .500 mark
Elmira they were lucky to beat. Ancaster was a lot closer than the score 5-2
And Ancaster has improve since than. St Kitts beat Caledonia in Caledonia.
Welland a below .500 team played them tough both times Welland lost 2-1 and 7 -5 .
Caledonia will see a lot of St Kitts before the new year they don't play them in Jan. or Feb.
Caledonia Fan

Re: Big Test for Caledonia

Post by Caledonia Fan »

3 pts out of 6
won in the falls
o/t loss in Ancaster
loss in St Kitts
Caledonia looked good against N.F.
got out worked in Ancaster
ran into a hot Savory in St Kitts
Special teams stink PP - 17 PK -17 in the league
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lost 6-3 to St.Catharines. Caledonia has a lot of elite players. Some who are nowhere close to where they were last season on the score sheet. Looks like they lack chemistry, or they just aren't putting in a full effort. Too much talent on that team to be playing like this.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

No---------------------, maybe its to much talent in St.Catharies to let them play to their capabilities. Another big test in Caledonia Saturday night where the Canucks come a visiting. And the Canucks are not a team you can take lightly.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I give St.Catharines full credit. They are a very good team. I wasn't just talking about that game, or implying they shouldn't lose to them. I should've been more specific. In general, it doesn't look like they're giving a full effort for many games this season. A few of their fans, who are able to attend a lot more games than me have said similar things. More so that they take too many bad penalties.

This division looks great this year. St.Catharines, Niagara Falls, Caledonia, Ancaster... All teams that can beat anyone on any given night. It looks like Ancaster's slowing down a bit, but I think they'll keep winning.

Even Thorold & Pelham have been huge surprises this season. I'm really happy for the kids in Pelham, mostly because I know one of their kids family.

Going to be another great season! :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Goaltending and D St Kitts is better at then Caledonia.
Special teams St Kitts is better
St Kitts is built a lot like Elmira last year. They play Caledonia a lot like Elmira this could be from coach Fitzerald . Who coach in the midwest last year.
The big differs between Caledonia and St Kitts is the young guys St Kitts have way better 16 and 17 year olds then Caledonia.
Ancaster is wthout Van Loon ( call up to the Dogs) and Woodhouse two of there best players.
Ancaster and St Kitts have a lot of good 16 and 17 year olds I'm very impress with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Port, Cal Fan, I agree with both of you. Anybody could beat anybody on any given night. This division is closer now than its been in years. After what Thorold went through last year its hard to believe they could put together a team as good as they have . Pelham is much improved and Fort Erie can be tough to play when they have their game going. Buffalo are still a long way from even being in the mid pack but they are much improved over last year. Welland is a different story. Lets hope they are able to pick up some players at the deadline that can change the situation that they currently find themselves in.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Parity is definitely a good thing!