Big Trade between Corvairs and Welland

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Cali vairs!

Big Trade between Corvairs and Welland

Post by Cali vairs! »

Welland announced today that McCorriston has been traded to the corvairs.

in return Welland receives:
Alex Gonyou
Jeremy Oriet
Dawson winchester
Steven fowler

McCorriston was already playing for the corvairs on the weekend so a trade was imminent. Too me it seems like a lot to give up for the corvairs, Especially with the weekend Fowler just had. But this trade fills a early void for the team. Also leaves them with 2 OA cards open if i am correct. So you have to believe there is another signing coming. I did hear Andrew Burn's name said on the weekend but at that point caledonia didn't have room.

For welland this trade should help a lot. They got 2 solid defence man in return that should help bolster there blue line. Oriet looked really promising on the weekend and should help offensively. Also with Winchester and Fowler up front there should be some fire power. Fowler looked really good on the weekend and looked as a nice piece for the corvairs. I think this trade is excellent for Welland.
Caledonia Fan

Re: Big Trade between Corvairs and Welland

Post by Caledonia Fan »

A good trade by both teams. Caledonia was in a situation here with no number #1 goalie and too many 20 year olds.
Welland needed more depth and I guest McCorriston wanted out. Gonyou and Fowler will help this year. But the key to this trade is Oriet and Winchester
there young they will blossom in Welland. Winchester could put up some big numbers for them in the next few years. Great year in Aylmer and a cup of tea with St Thomas. Welland has develop a lot of good defencemen over the years this will be good for Oriet.
I was surprise because I did here rumors that McCorriston was not the best Goalie in camp.
What I saw of the weekend is Caledonia is loaded with the same kind of players no one really stands out. Like in pass years.
Craievich, Schulz and Lauzon are good players these are the guys Caledonia is going to get a lot of there offence from.
Secondary scoring going to come from Fletcher, Moro and Bzowey and who else. A handful of players all the same .
A Lot of these players played for the Hawks (JR-C) Some of these players might move up I don't know.
If Caledonia wants to develop some good young players they had out.They should try to keep the young Brantford midget players that came out.
Bloomfield( F) Allan (D) and Curtin (G) I'm sure other teams are looking at these 3 young players.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

i believe that Curtin is supposed to start the year in Hagersville but with how he has performed i can see him being the backup. Allan will likely start with the corvairs and move down to Jr.C. Looks like another promising year
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Cali vairs! wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:14 pm i believe that Curtin is supposed to start the year in Hagersville but with how he has performed i can see him being the backup. Allan will likely start with the corvairs and move down to Jr.C. Looks like another promising year
Caledonia have already signed that Barrie 2000 goalie...Charleston(?), so look to him as backup. Winchester was the other name I had heard Caledonia had signed as a youngster, so disappointed to see him gone already.

But not surprised.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I know they have already signed charleston but as you know things change quickly. In my opinion curtin has looked better. Like I said curtin is supposed to start in hagersville but with how well he's done i wouldn't be surprised for him to be the backup. I still think Charleston will start the year as backup but there is gonna be a very short leash on him