Annual AGM

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

gojhlrules

Annual AGM

Post by gojhlrules »

Anything new come out of the meeting yesterday?
RagingBS

Re: Annual AGM

Post by RagingBS »

"OHA President Karen Phibbs followed with a review of the Motions that were submitted prior to the AGM and announced a number of policy changes."

I assume details will follow at some point
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Cambridge was at the AGM. They set up a table to hand out their packets of info from their investigation and then were asked to leave the premises.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
arenaguy99

Post by arenaguy99 »

RagingBS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm "OHA President Karen Phibbs followed with a review of the Motions that were submitted prior to the AGM and announced a number of policy changes."

I assume details will follow at some point
From what I've been told those policy changes was the association basically saying they control the budget and no approval from the membership is needed, heard the AGM was a complete crap show at the end.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Only reason they were asked to leave was because they are, I assume, no longer a member in good standing!

As for the control of the OHA, it is high time that the membership stands up for what is right and challenge the OHA's Stalinesque style of leadership.

Quite frankly....other then the OJHL, what the hell has this organization done for anyone?
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

FrozenPonds wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:14 pm Only reason they were asked to leave was because they are, I assume, no longer a member in good standing!

As for the control of the OHA, it is high time that the membership stands up for what is right and challenge the OHA's Stalinesque style of leadership.

Quite frankly....other then the OJHL, what the hell has this organization done for anyone?
They have helped drive up the cost of hockey, collected cash from a lot of players as well as mandated in facemasks. They have kept Buffalo around, watched the Thorold implode, turned a blind eye to the Cambridge fiasco. I am sure there are other accomplishments that I have over looked.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

There comes a point in time where membership needs to stand up and be counted!! Now the OHA wants more money?? What do they possibly provide that would necessitate an increase in fees??

And whilst we are at it....with full face shields coming in, as mandated by the OHA, I would certainly expect a reduction in the insurance premiums would be coming down to the teams. But, I won't hold my breath, nor should anyone else, for that to happen!!

Chuck Williams needs to put the OHA in their place. Decisions made for the league should be made by the league!! The GOJHL has given too much latitude to the OHA in running roughshod over the league! If he cannot, then he needs to be removed! That is, if he does in fact work for the GOJHL!

Junior "C" teams should also take notice as they are also being affected!! Time to make the OHA eat a whole helping of humble pie!! Remember, YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!!! Just as players as your customers! And you have votes!! If the OHA has decided to eliminate the process altogether, then it is high time the OHA is eliminated themselves! I was only joking, somewhat.about the OHA being Stalinesque but my lord!
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

I saw on twitter the OHA fee is increasing by 15%. That must be to help pay for new cages.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

RagingBS wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:40 am I saw on twitter the OHA fee is increasing by 15%. That must be to help pay for new cages.
The OHA doesn't pay for cages...
arenaguy99

Post by arenaguy99 »

RagingBS wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:40 am I saw on twitter the OHA fee is increasing by 15%. That must be to help pay for new cages.
It went from $300 to $350 before HST
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Was there a reason why this fee hike was deemed necessary? 5 years ago it was $0.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm Was there a reason why this fee hike was deemed necessary? 5 years ago it was $0.
Probably saw all the money the pay to play leagues were getting and figured it was there turn to make a cut of the money.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

At the end of the day, anything of this nature needs to go through the membership!

It is ridiculous in this day and age that this continues to happen! Only in Canada!!

I see that the OHA, OHF and HC have their members throwing out the "non-sanctioned" participation sanctions for those players who play non-sanctioned hockey. If I had kids playing, I would let them take advantage of both. There is not a damn thing that HC can do accept to continue to throw out the rhetoric and scare tactics. Remember people, what you do on you own time "outside" of HC activities is your business! HC are not lawmakers despite what the G McC of HC tell you!

The GOJHL needs to really separate themselves from allowing the OHA to interfere with league business and league decisions. Until that time we will continue to get the Pelham, Komoka, Buffalo, Thorold and Cambridge issues continue to manifest and being the league into disrepute. Something that is cause, according to the OHA/OHF, is grounds for the removal of sanctioning. It's funny how that works...
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

I have heard Ancaster got a little "vocal" during the meeting...? Confirm anyone?
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.