Caledonia Bushleaguers Bushwhacked!!!

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

zantimisfit

Caledonia Bushleaguers Bushwhacked!!!

Post by zantimisfit »

Well, well,well, so the so-called "Best Team in Ontario"(well, the best paidteam in Ontario) has been wiped out and eliminated by the wildcard Elmira Sugar Kings.LMFAO....the smugness and cockiness displayed by the Bushleaguer's organization and it's fans is the main reason I'm so happy :D :D to see it's demise. All of you now have to get over the fact that the bestteam won this series.To fans like Port hockey 1, Cali vairs!, corvairsgf (puck bunny) and especially Cal 99ers (blaming the referees....LOL), you totally underestimated the Elmira Sugar Kings. As for the Caledonia players,after all the crying and tears are done with, they will at least have something to show for this season....lots of Kenny Hill's money in their back pockets.!!!!
Cal 99ers

Re: Caledonia Bushleaguers Bushwhacked!!!

Post by Cal 99ers »

I can assure you, misfit, that most of us wish you didn't crawl out of your hole today.Most of the comments that were posted the last couple of months were only to entice conversation on an otherwise dead forum.Most of the people in our area on the forum pretty much know who each other is and have a good giggle over some of the things that are posted.We are aware of the injuries of Bendetti, Fletcher and Craievich,and that Caledonia didn't have the depth this year to make changes.Nobody on this forum used that excuse cause every team have injuries,it's all part of the game.By the way, Good luck to J.Brown,J.Buch and A.Ulett...E.Skinner,J.Sleger and S.Comelli played great today.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm Well, well,well, so the so-called "Best Team in Ontario"(well, the best paidteam in Ontario) has been wiped out and eliminated by the wildcard Elmira Sugar Kings.LMFAO....the smugness and cockiness displayed by the Bushleaguer's organization and it's fans is the main reason I'm so happy :D :D to see it's demise. All of you now have to get over the fact that the bestteam won this series.To fans like Port hockey 1, Cali vairs!, corvairsgf (puck bunny) and especially Cal 99ers (blaming the referees....LOL), you totally underestimated the Elmira Sugar Kings. As for the Caledonia players,after all the crying and tears are done with, they will at least have something to show for this season....lots of Kenny Hill's money in their back pockets.!!!!
Finally came out from under your rock, eh. They disposed of your Falcons, again. So not sure why you take so much pleasure in them losing. Clearly you can't handle that they're the best organization in the Shoe. Including for developing players. :smt003
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I didn't blame the officials. I said they took iffy penalties. As in, they weren't playing with enough discipline. I also said I underestimated Elmira. You're a funny, bitter dude though. :smt020

#Falcons2nd
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cal 99ers wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 pm I can assure you, misfit, that most of us wish you didn't crawl out of your hole today.Most of the comments that were posted the last couple of months were only to entice conversation on an otherwise dead forum.
I had a feeling he'd pop up. Predictable. :lol:
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pmI had a feeling he'd pop up. Predictable. :lol:
He doesn't represent the Falcons!! Just making sure we all know that! :shock:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 pm
Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pmI had a feeling he'd pop up. Predictable. :lol:
Oh I know. Falcons are a great team and organization. Had a great season.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

I just want to say that I feel sorry for one person in the Caledonia organization. The mentally challenged guy who opens and closes the door on the Caledonia bench, Painter, I think his name is.You can tell his heart and soul is with the team and it's a shame the season is over until next year for him. :cry:
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

I spoke to a couple of people down near the Falls and told them I really enjoyed the falcons this year,good team to watch.(don't know this Painter guy, only to see him,was that a swipe?)
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Caledonia losing is karma for them running up scores in beating teams by 20+ goals. They thought it was easy and laughed then, now everyone is laughing at them.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:03 am Caledonia losing is karma for them running up scores in beating teams by 20+ goals. They thought it was easy and laughed then, now everyone is laughing at them.
Falcons, Canucks, both also scored 20 goals in games. Ancaster with 15, twice. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your hatred for the best organization in the league. :smt003
BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm I didn't blame the officials. I said they took iffy penalties. As in, they weren't playing with enough discipline. I also said I underestimated Elmira. You're a funny, bitter dude though. :smt020

#Falcons2nd
I am sorry Mr. self-proclaimed "Howard Stern of hockey" but I don't care at all to see what you are going to say next, as I've had you on my ignore list for months & it has been refreshing to not have to read your egotistical drivel. But I had to momentarily remove the "ignore list" tag in order to quote your hilarious post.

You see, I was reading the forum today before logging in & saw the post from you that is quoted & I can't believe that the professed hockey guru of the world would be so far wrong about a well-known sports reference. To wit: the term "iffy penalties." This term is used in several sports and 100% ALWAYS refers to the fact that an assessed penalty, calls into question the judgement & competence of the call itself or the official making the call.

It NEVER refers to someone playing with a lack of discipline. The aforementioned is what is commonly called a "dumb," "stupid," "selfish," or "undisciplined" penalty. Your attempt to stickhandle around your previous comment & intended meaning of it to try to save face is laughable & pathetic.

And for the record, I am not a funny bitter dude. I am a life-long hockey guy who has played at a fairly high level, coached & officiated at various levels and have been reading this forum approaching 13 years, and one who appreciates intelligent, positive, constructive input from knowledgeable contributors. Sadly you do NOT fall into that category, Howard ;)

BTW, you are right back on my ignore list once I post this.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 am
Hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:03 am Caledonia losing is karma for them running up scores in beating teams by 20+ goals. They thought it was easy and laughed then, now everyone is laughing at them.
Falcons, Canucks, both also scored 20 goals in games. Ancaster with 15, twice. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your hatred for the best organization in the league. :smt003
The best organization in the league? You should let other people know that, maybe they could get more than 200 fans a game.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Wow not like winning a 3 years in row does anything eh? If your that stupid to expect it every year then u have problems I'm sorry. Maybe your just mad cuz your team couldn't be the one to take them down. Have fun knowing that your team was at best the 5th team in the league. its funny seeing a fan root against a team In there own conference. No matter who gets out of the conference they deserve the support of the other teams. So if your gonna be classless (unlike the st kitts oeganization) then u likely shouldn't watch any more games. Are you still mad u can't get out of your conference for the 4th year in the row? Likely 5 next year
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I think that in the grand scheme of things it just goes to show that there are more than a few competitive teams that are capable of winning as was the case with this series. The Corvairs had to be the hands-down favourites going in but Elmira played a heck of a series and came out on top.
Would St. Catharines have fared any better than Caledonia if they were playing the Sugar Kings? Nobody knows for sure but that is why they play the games. I think that any organization that wins their division should be proud and Caledonia will be there for quite some time in my honest opinion. It should be a heck of a final between Elmira and London and it is a shame that both areas are too far away for me to attend any of the games.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BLACKHAWKDOWN wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 am
Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm I didn't blame the officials. I said they took iffy penalties. As in, they weren't playing with enough discipline. I also said I underestimated Elmira. You're a funny, bitter dude though. :smt020

#Falcons2nd
I am sorry Mr. self-proclaimed "Howard Stern of hockey" but I don't care at all to see what you are going to say next, as I've had you on my ignore list for months & it has been refreshing to not have to read your egotistical drivel. But I had to momentarily remove the "ignore list" tag in order to quote your hilarious post.

You see, I was reading the forum today before logging in & saw the post from you that is quoted & I can't believe that the professed hockey guru of the world would be so far wrong about a well-known sports reference. To wit: the term "iffy penalties." This term is used in several sports and 100% ALWAYS refers to the fact that an assessed penalty, calls into question the judgement & competence of the call itself or the official making the call.

It NEVER refers to someone playing with a lack of discipline. The aforementioned is what is commonly called a "dumb," "stupid," "selfish," or "undisciplined" penalty. Your attempt to stickhandle around your previous comment & intended meaning of it to try to save face is laughable & pathetic.

And for the record, I am not a funny bitter dude. I am a life-long hockey guy who has played at a fairly high level, coached & officiated at various levels and have been reading this forum approaching 13 years, and one who appreciates intelligent, positive, constructive input from knowledgeable contributors. Sadly you do NOT fall into that category, Howard ;)

BTW, you are right back on my ignore list once I post this.
You don't have to do anything to the ignore list to quote. Nice try though. They show up collapsed, you can un-collapse them with a simple click...

And clearly you do care to see what I'll say next, as you have now proven, twice! :wink:

I meant what I said I meant by iffy. I don't care what the dictionary says about the word. Also never claimed to be a hockey GURU. But your attempt to stickhandle around your previous comment, where you claim to have blocked me. That was laughable and pathetic.

You keep ranting about me every few months. By doing so, you're making the forum look bad, something you tried to whine about me doing in the past. Ever heard of a PM? :lol:

You completely contradict yourself. First, you don't care what I have to say next. Then, you had to "un-block" me... Clearly because you;re very interested in what I say next. Bahahahaha

Bipolar?, Drunk? Whatever... Looking forward to the next time you "don't care what I have to say", and "un-block" me. Lmao. :smt030 :smt030 :smt031 :smt043 :smt033
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:40 am Wow not like winning a 3 years in row does anything eh? If your that stupid to expect it every year then u have problems I'm sorry. Maybe your just mad cuz your team couldn't be the one to take them down. Have fun knowing that your team was at best the 5th team in the league. its funny seeing a fan root against a team In there own conference. No matter who gets out of the conference they deserve the support of the other teams. So if your gonna be classless (unlike the st kitts oeganization) then u likely shouldn't watch any more games. Are you still mad u can't get out of your conference for the 4th year in the row? Likely 5 next year
Explaining anything to people like him is useless. There's many threads on here that show just why Caledonia is the model of the league. If people can't be bothered to look through them, they aren't worth the time of day. :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You could have put that in a PM and saved us all from having to read it.
zantimisfit wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 pm I just want to say that I feel sorry for one person in the Caledonia organization. The mentally challenged guy who opens and closes the door on the Caledonia bench, Painter, I think his name is.You can tell his heart and soul is with the team and it's a shame the season is over until next year for him. :cry:

BTW Zan, that was uncalled for, although his own team calls him the food taste tester in their program, rather than his official title of equipment manager.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Okay then, I'll retract my statement...I don't feel sorry for anybody in the Bushleaguers organization, including Painter. Happy now RG?? If I put it in a PM then who was I to send it to??
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The comment of the PM was to Port.

I don't care if you do or don't feel sorry for them, but you didn't have to call Painter mentally challenged, since he's not.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

A few years ago some Cambridge fans exiting a game against the GEagles verbally attacked a mentally challenged Eagles volunteer,heard it made him cry.Bias is great for any teams support,but if it's from people who just want to vent,most people wished they didn't come.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:04 pm
StCathFalcons wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 pm
Oh I know. Falcons are a great team and organization. Had a great season.
The Falcons like to have the Corvairs in the Shoe. I've heard they fought to keep them in the Shoe when there was discussion of creating 4 divisions

With Buffalo, Pelham and even Thorold in its current state they need Caledonia to bring in fans. Attendance is a fraction of what it was prior to the Dogs coming to town and with the Dogs now playing on Friday nights, they need something to pull in the fans.

During the Caledonia series, they hit the 1000 spectator mark but in the old days they would have had 2-3 thousand pack the Jack.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 am
I don't care if you do or don't feel sorry for them, but you didn't have to call Painter mentally challenged, since he's not.
I was personally told by a "Caledonia fan" that he was. If it is true that he's not, then I sincerely apologize.