Caledonia deserves a lot of credit

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia deserves a lot of credit

Post by Port hockey1 »

Last year they loaded up with 20 year olds hoping to make history. They did, with their 3rd straight Sutherland Cup. But there was that whole rule thing that came into play for this season. Limit on 20 year olds, and they would take up 2 cards if they hadn't played in this league before.

It's hard enough to be competitive the next year when almost your entire team ages out. But people figured these new rules would make it harder on them. That was a bit confusing though. As their best 20 year olds last year would still only need one card with the new rules in place. And because the years before last year saw Caledonia only have 9, & 10 20 year olds on those teams. They were a force those years. So the new rules hurting them, was debatable at the most.

Fans out of Caledonia were even saying this might be a rebuilding year. But before the season started, with the new rules in place, fans were saying Caledonia would win the Shoe again. Pretty impressive for a team that lost all but a few of their players. Even with great recruiting, chemistry on the ice and in the room can't be bought.

So a huge congrats goes out to Caledonia on the season they had. What started as a possible rebuild, turned into Divsion, and playoff champions! Getting to the Sutherland Cup rounds was a huge accomplishment for this team.

Didn't quite make it to a fourth straight Cup, but got closer than many would've expected around this time last season. :) :smt039
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockey1

Re: Caledonia deserves a lot of credit

Post by Hockey1 »

My view is not like the one above^^^...they changed the roster rules due to Caledonia abusing the old one, they still had more ex-OHLers than anyone else this season. How are they able to do that? Do the ex-OHLers play in Caledonia for the beauty of the town, the great educational system the city has, develop their careers into whatever may happen...does anybody think they came to play in Caledonia for a possible under the table cash payment...just throwing this stuff out there, just curious.

I bet there is more embarrassment than pride in Caledonia being eliminated by the wild card entry.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sure some of them likely make a bit of money. But you can't deny their history when it comes to moving talent of all ages along. A lot of those 20 year olds end up with offers to play somewhere else the next year. They likely don't see those opportunities if they don't comeback to Jr. and shine.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:09 pm Sure some of them likely make a bit of money. But you can't deny their history when it comes to moving talent of all ages along. A lot of those 20 year olds end up with offers to play somewhere else the next year. They likely don't see those opportunities if they don't comeback to Jr. and shine.

Every team moves players along in this development league. When a player comes back after 3 seasons in the OHL he is not coming back for development he is coming back to be a ringer.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm My view is not like the one above^^^...they changed the roster rules due to Caledonia abusing the old one, they still had more ex-OHLers than anyone else this season. How are they able to do that? Do the ex-OHLers play in Caledonia for the beauty of the town, the great educational system the city has, develop their careers into whatever may happen...does anybody think they came to play in Caledonia for a possible under the table cash payment...just throwing this stuff out there, just curious.

I bet there is more embarrassment than pride in Caledonia being eliminated by the wild card entry.
You do realize players want to play for the organization right? Couple of examples for you would be Ditomaso calling Riz before he went to st kitts, Smilksy saying he would of came to Caledonia but he already signed a card. People want to win no mater what level they are at and even somebody like you can't deny they win. You should likely know that pretty well by now. Not saying there not paid, but most of the players call Riz to come to the team.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Cali vairs! wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 am
Hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:07 pm My view is not like the one above^^^...they changed the roster rules due to Caledonia abusing the old one, they still had more ex-OHLers than anyone else this season. How are they able to do that? Do the ex-OHLers play in Caledonia for the beauty of the town, the great educational system the city has, develop their careers into whatever may happen...does anybody think they came to play in Caledonia for a possible under the table cash payment...just throwing this stuff out there, just curious.

You do realize players want to play for the organization right? Couple of examples for you would be Ditomaso calling Riz before he went to st kitts, Smilksy saying he would of came to Caledonia but he already signed a card. People want to win no mater what level they are at and even somebody like you can't deny they win. You should likely know that pretty well by now. Not saying there not paid, but most of the players call Riz to come to the team.
Absolutely they deserve all the credit in the world here. I'm pretty sure they put this league back on the map here in the last 3 years also look how many ppl across ontario if not Canada talk about them now. I will say one thing here if I had the money they had and was the owner of there team and wanted to win as much as he does I would be doing the same thing he does year after year. So what they lost this year can't win every year right ? Obviously they ran into a better team this year and they beat them out it is what it is. They will be right back here next year you can count on that and they will bring in all of there big wigs again and we will all be writing the same things on here again next year nothing will change. These 20 year olds come here from the the O because they want to win and they know how there going to be treated can't fault the kids on that can you? All the haters on her if your team was doing the same thing you guys wouldn't be complaining at all. They lost big deal they will be right back on top next year you can count on that. Yes ppl love seeing them lose this year of course and are going to love it. I for enjoy watching them play why wouldn't you they put the best team on the ice every single year and that will never stop. This year they ran into a better team or just a better goalie. Rizz and Bully deserve a hell of a lot credit here the past 4 years and should hold there heads up high for what they have done. Ppl can say what they want but like I said atvthe start if I had the money they do I would the exact same thing along with all the other ppl on here. Jealousy that's all.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Absolutely they deserve all the credit in the world here. I'm pretty sure they put this league back on the map here in the last 3 years also look how many ppl across ontario if not Canada talk about them now. I will say one thing here if I had the money they had and was the owner of there team and wanted to win as much as he does I would be doing the same thing he does year after year. So what they lost this year can't win every year right ? Obviously they ran into a better team this year and they beat them out it is what it is. They will be right back here next year you can count on that and they will bring in all of there big wigs again and we will all be writing the same things on here again next year nothing will change. These 20 year olds come here from the the O because they want to win and they know how there going to be treated can't fault the kids on that can you? All the haters on her if your team was doing the same thing you guys wouldn't be complaining at all. They lost big deal they will be right back on top next year you can count on that. Yes ppl love seeing them lose this year of course and are going to love it. I for enjoy watching them play why wouldn't you they put the best team on the ice every single year and that will never stop. This year they ran into a better team or just a better goalie. Rizz and Bully deserve a hell of a lot credit here the past 4 years and should hold there heads up high for what they have done. Ppl can say what they want but like I said atvthe start if I had the money they do I would the exact same thing along with all the other ppl on here. Jealousy that's all.
A few things.
-I'm sure some do call asking to play for Caledonia, checking to see if there is any money left. But I am sure that the Caledonia team is the one who initiates the contact with those ex-OHLers.
-I wonder how many of those ex-OHLers would give the money back to play on winning organizations like Elmira and London, if winning means so much to them.
-I don't think a lot of people in Ontario and definitely not Canada talk about the GOJHL, and if they do it is not in admiration.
-If I had the money I wouldn't be spending it on a Jr B hockey team with no chance of recouping it.
-Bullard shouldn't get that much credit, he couldn't coach that team to the final.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm
A few things.
-I'm sure some do call asking to play for Caledonia, checking to see if there is any money left. But I am sure that the Caledonia team is the one who initiates the contact with those ex-OHLers.
-I wonder how many of those ex-OHLers would give the money back to play on winning organizations like Elmira and London, if winning means so much to them.
-I don't think a lot of people in Ontario and definitely not Canada talk about the GOJHL, and if they do it is not in admiration.
-If I had the money I wouldn't be spending it on a Jr B hockey team with no chance of recouping it.
-Bullard shouldn't get that much credit, he couldn't coach that team to the final.
They lose once in the last 4 years and now there not a winning organization? Makes zero sense there. They were talked about on sportsnet don't remember what year it was but they were. You think there owner cares about recouping his money ? Not saying bully deserves all the credit when they did win but he deserves most of it. Somebody has to keep all those 20 year olds happy. I'm not saying by no means he's the best coach but he got those guys playing together when they did win. Those 20 year olds who went there to winning organization that thought they were going to win wouldn't give there money back either. The money they prolly made is more money then you bring home at your 7 to 5 job also. Won't be saying this next year either when more then half of there team is back also. But maybe those guys will leave for a winning organization lol...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm
A few things.
Why would they call to see if there's any money left, then go to a team that finishes second to them in the standings?
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

[/quote]
Why would they call to see if there's any money left, then go to a team that finishes second to them in the standings?
[/quote]

I was joking. I have no idea who calls who or what kinda money is being handed out.

But I don't think the number of ex-OHLers with 100-230 games that end up in Caledonia is no coincidence, money is being handed out and I am suspicious that it is under the table money.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

There is some money exchanged hands but different ways. Talking to people the players work for the owner. So if you still don't beleive players call to a organization then here's some names
- Tyler hill called after Guelph told him that they were gonna use there younger guys
- Davis brown called after getting an amazing review of the team from a different player on the team
- fitzmorris because he wanted to win
- Bauman wanted to go out on a winning note before going on to school
Hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:47 pm I was joking. I have no idea who calls who or what kinda money is being handed out.

But I don't think the number of ex-OHLers with 100-230 games that end up in Caledonia is no coincidence, money is being handed out and I am suspicious that it is under the table money.
So maybe if you have "no idea who calls" you shouldn't be such so idiotic towards the organization. From what I have seen from you, you are a troll who barely pays attention to the facts. You a but hurt st kitts fans that only remembers winning before we came to the conference and you can't get over the fact that you have met your match. There are tons of st kitts fans that I have a lot of respect for and who understand who wins the conference is the better team. Maybe you should crawl back under your rock and let the real st kitts fans join the conversations
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

You are 100% correct on this
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

[/quote]
You are 100% correct on this
[/quote]

That is your opinion.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:17 pm There is some money exchanged hands but different ways. Talking to people the players work for the owner. So if you still don't beleive players call to a organization then here's some names
- Tyler hill called after Guelph told him that they were gonna use there younger guys
- Davis brown called after getting an amazing review of the team from a different player on the team
- fitzmorris because he wanted to win
- Bauman wanted to go out on a winning note before going on to school
Hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:47 pm I was joking. I have no idea who calls who or what kinda money is being handed out.

So maybe if you have "no idea who calls" you shouldn't be such so idiotic towards the organization. From what I have seen from you, you are a troll who barely pays attention to the facts. You a but hurt st kitts fans that only remembers winning before we came to the conference and you can't get over the fact that you have met your match. There are tons of st kitts fans that I have a lot of respect for and who understand who wins the conference is the better team. Maybe you should crawl back under your rock and let the real st kitts fans join the conversations
Who know's what the facts are, you don't. I believe there is more to the story on how Hill, Fitzmorris, Bauman, Pawley, Seguin ended up in Caledonia last year. And I believe there is more than just "want to play on a winner" on why the 5/6 players with up to 240 games of OHL experience ended up there this year.

I'm saying it is pretty suspicious that these ex-OHLers end up in Caledonia.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Not really. Everybody knows what the top players in the league get paid from almost every team. St kitts, Niagara Falls, Chatham spent tons (didn't pay there players but promised too), London, Elmira. Of course players are getting paid. How much, very few know (i have rough estimates). But yes, I have talked to these players and they have all contacted Riz first. Is there players Riz contacts, yes but every team does it. There are already players calling for next year already.

So if you find it suspicious, then go ask your GM how he lands all of his as well. Caledonia just has a bit more money on there side
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali Vairs

You a but hurt st kitts fans that only remembers winning before we came to the conference and you can't get over the fact that you have met your match.
That seems to describe Zant pretty accurately. :smt003
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Another factor on getting these 20 yr old OHLers, that are told they aren't really wanted anymore, after they destroyed any chance of going to US college is that their home grounds offer them bucks to return,but they are talked to by other teams like the Vairs.Some teams tell them"Hey we got this guy,this guy,this guy,this guy...they see a chance to win and make the same bucks the other team offered.Next thing is guys start hearing what a good team they are going to have this year and how classy those past players were treated,next thing you know they're all trying to go there.