Schedule the playoffs better

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Schedule the playoffs better

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I was thinking this at the St Kitts game why didn't Johnstone pull his goalie when they had a PP at the end of the game.
But than I thought he didn't really know the outcome of the Elmira / Listowel series for the goal differential.
Elmira won the wildcard by giving up one less goal than St Kitts. But Elmira knew the outcome of the Caledonia / St Kitts series.
They knew exactly want they needed to win the wild card. Don't get me wrong I think they wanted to win the game and go to game 7.
I think the GOJHL should look into the playoffs schedule better. It's not fair when another team knows before the game the exact numbers they need to win at least the wild card.
Last edited by Caledonia Fan on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Schedule the playoffs better

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Excellent point CF but don't expect the OHA to do anything that would be a benefit to the GOJHL. They (OHA) would not want the OJHL to think that they(OHA) were doing anything to help the GOJHL improve.
OffTheRecord

Post by OffTheRecord »

I believe the schedules are made by the teams, are they not?
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Yup, the OHA has nothing to do with scheduling, it all comes down to home game day preference and arena/ice availability.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It's no different from the Round Robin when a team would throw a game to ensure they were playing a certain team in the finals.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.