Sutherland Cup Semi Finals; Caledonia vs Elmira

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Sutherland Cup Semi Finals; Caledonia vs Elmira

Post by Port hockey1 »

Elmira's goaltending wont be enough... Caledonia in 5.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Re: Sutherland Cup Semi Finals; Caledonia vs Elmira

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:02 am Elmira's goaltending wont be enough... Caledonia in 5.
Caledonia in 4
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Saw Elmira too many times this year,don't think they can score any even strength goal in the 4 games (unless it bounces off someones noggin)
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Caledonia in 5.

Listowel in 5

Caledonia over Listowel in the Final in 5.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Caledonia in 4
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Schedule for Caledonia and Elmira.
Attachments
IMG_20170410_175732.jpg
IMG_20170410_175732.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 23022 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.ohahockey.ca/view/oha/news/news_472725

https://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/7234 ... nce-title/

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/7 ... ext-round/

First thing lets clear up the 20 year old thing. The article Elmira Sugar -Kings look to go wild says Caledonia has 9 20 year olds.
Wrong they use up there 9 cards but have only 6 20 year olds to Elmira's four 20 year olds. One 20 year old only played 6 games so far and one is under suspenion for 4 games. Caledonia and St Kitts roster age was almost identical.
I only saw Elmira play once this year in Brantford they won 4-3. Good entertaining game good to see a lot of x Corvairs had big nights.
Far as i'm concern Caledonia won the lottery to get 2nd seed to play Elmira . Not that Elmira is a bad team I just think London and Listowel are better.
I'm picking Caledonia in 5 because of there depth and experience.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:07 pm http://www.ohahockey.ca/view/oha/news/news_472725

https://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/7234 ... nce-title/

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/7 ... ext-round/

First thing lets clear up the 20 year old thing. The article Elmira Sugar -Kings look to go wild says Caledonia has 9 20 year olds.
Wrong they use up there 9 cards but have only 6 20 year olds to Elmira's four 20 year olds. One 20 year old only played 6 games so far and one is under suspenion for 4 games. Caledonia and St Kitts roster age was almost identical.
I only saw Elmira play once this year in Brantford they won 4-3. Good entertaining game good to see a lot of x Corvairs had big nights.
Far as i'm concern Caledonia won the lottery to get 2nd seed to play Elmira . Not that Elmira is a bad team I just think London and Listowel are better.
I'm picking Caledonia in 5 because of there depth and experience.
Agreed Caledonia has the best match up. When you're playing the team that has already lost a best of seven series, I'd say that gives you a big edge. But I think this Caledonia team is capable of taking out all three of the remaining teams.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

The Sugar Kings take game 1, 2-1
BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

Pour some sugar on meeeee! What a win for the sugar kings! Should be an exciting couple of semi finals.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Elmira won 2-1 in score. Out worked Caledonia 2 to 1 in periods played.
This looks like it's going to be a long series not a short one like a lot of us thought.
I was impressed with Elmira's speed and game plan. The better team tonight for sure.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Was surprised Elmira played them that close tonight. Maybe they are being underestimated a little. But I think Caledonia will turn things up a notch the next few games.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Elmira certainly deserved too win that game. Maybe even by a bit more than that if not for some great saves by Chenard. Totally different team then what I saw against Listowel. Good for them. Hopefully they can keep playing like that and make it a great series. Sunday should be a good one. But it will get interesting when Lindy gets back
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Thought the score would've been 4-1 for the Vairs after the 2nd.Both goalies were good but Reinhart was the difference in the 2nd.Seen them fight thru good goaltending in the past, but not this time.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Has Caledonia found there match? Elmira now up 2-0
corvairsgf

Post by corvairsgf »

No idea why Caledonia is losing to Elmira when they shouldn't even be in the loop... They lost 4 straight to Listowel but somehow still managed to be playing for the Sutherland Cup! although Caledonia has been playing pretty beat up the last couple games, Pretty weak goals both games. LETS GO VAIRS!
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

All I can think about was how many posts were on here last season during the finals about how 'Bully' knows how to coach and motivate his players..bla bla bla. Clearly just a guy that stands there and rolls his lines, being exposed this playoffs without those few big guns on the team. No answers at all for Elmira.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

cpt obvious wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:25 pm All I can think about was how many posts were on here last season during the finals about how 'Bully' knows how to coach and motivate his players..bla bla bla. Clearly just a guy that stands there and rolls his lines, being exposed this playoffs without those few big guns on the team. No answers at all for Elmira.
Takes 4 to win just remember that
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

This just idle prate if Vairs lose Tuesday,but take Brown or Skinner out of their L/U and see how well Snyder coaches.It's bad enough that Vairs only played the weak teams since JAN 6th where they couldn't see how much they miss Bendetti.4 games without Lindberg.The other lines get more space when the opposition concentrate on stopping Lindberg.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

cpt obvious wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:25 pm All I can think about was how many posts were on here last season during the finals about how 'Bully' knows how to coach and motivate his players..bla bla bla. Clearly just a guy that stands there and rolls his lines, being exposed this playoffs without those few big guns on the team. No answers at all for Elmira.
All I can remember about last years posts was about how when London won the series that you were gonna be waving the flag in all of our faces at the western fair.

Yea does it hurt missing Lindy. Nobody can feed craevich the puck is the first thing. Lindy creates space for everybody with his physicality and that they have to respect his skill. Losing him is huge and now that he is back it's a whole different team. What blows my mind is that the corvairs must have forgotten how to adjust on there powerplay. The penalty kill is rushing everybody who has the puck. St kitts did it too. Figure it out boys. The only reason Caledonia was in the game was chenard. Played his heart out again and one unfortunate goal made him lose. Good game but now we will see who the better team is. I think Caledonia will win the next 4 straight.

Did anybody watch the first 2 games of the Elmira vs listowel series? Cuz I watched the last game and Elmira looked to be a different team. Just wondering if they couldn't last long enough in that series
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Elmira was the best team in the Midwest, IMO. Sometimes teams hit snags and I felt they did that in the Cherrey Finals.

But Reinhart can straight up win the Suthy himself - he's the best goalie I've seen play in our league in a long time.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Gotta give Elmira some credit. This is the only game I've seen, and probably will see, in this series, but the Sugar Kings kept pace with the Corvairs. I felt that Caledonia was trying to use their size and power as intimidation, as they have the past couple seasons, but Elmira stayed the course and stole another game from them. We'll see what happens with Game 3 tomorrow, which I believe to be the most important game of any series.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I think they win the next 4 games. Huge addition coming back to their lineup.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/7 ... gar-kings/

Two great games could have gone either way. Lots of credit to Elmira.
Like the article says Elmira all ready knows how it feels to lose ( Cherrey Cup) they don't want that feeling again.
Wild card teams are always dangerous they have nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Caledonia. There doing a good job of frustrating Caledonia.
Both goaltenders have kept there teams in every game. Lindy will be back for game 3 should help the PP.
But hockey a team sport one guy can't do everything. It's time to see if the Corvairs can step up.

https://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/7247 ... semifinal/
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

ILuvHackey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:09 am Elmira was the best team in the Midwest, IMO. Sometimes teams hit snags and I felt they did that in the Cherrey Finals.

But Reinhart can straight up win the Suthy himself - he's the best goalie I've seen play in our league in a long time.
best goalie since furlong
corvairsgf

Post by corvairsgf »

I can't wait to watch Lindy play again, kid plays with such tenacity
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

corvairsgf wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am I can't wait to watch Lindy play again, kid plays with such tenacity
Hopefully not with too much tenacity. They need in all eight of the next wins, if they're going to win the Suthy. He's too valuable to them, to be sitting in the stands. They won't win 8 more without him in the lineup.
corvairsgf

Post by corvairsgf »

isn't that what i said? The kid is on the list, so if he does anything stupid, he's automatically suspended... same with baird and a couple other guys on the team...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

What a difference one player can make. Looks like Caledonia was in control in this game. They had a fairly big edge in shots anyways. 3-0 win, 2-1 series now.

Go Vairs!!! :smt020
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Cue the 4 straight comeback