Coaching changes

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

gojhlrules

Coaching changes

Post by gojhlrules »

Beside the obvious one in Pelham. Any word on anyone else?
Cali vairs!

Re: Coaching changes

Post by Cali vairs! »

Does thorold still need a new coach for next year? I heard Kelly was suspended indefinetly
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Heard in St.Catharines Friday night that Ozzie may not be back in Welland. Masterson could end up in Thorold. Just rumors, nothing confirmed.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Any word that Thorold is moving to Niagara On The Lake?? Rumour has it the Whaler's owner is going to have a team in the Shoe. He would have to sell the Whaler's as you can't be involved with both a GMHL and a OHA team.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I heard hes putting another GMHL team in NOTL not a GOJHL team
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:42 am Any word that Thorold is moving to Niagara On The Lake?? Rumour has it the Whaler's owner is going to have a team in the Shoe. He would have to sell the Whaler's as you can't be involved with both a GMHL and a OHA team.
Owner of the Whalers is already preparing for next season's championship run... So guessing that rumor is false.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Here's a golden oldie. Who St Catharines will know very well.

Pelham Panthers‏
@Panthers_Pelham

Follow
More
The Pelham Powell Drywall Panthers are pleased to announce Mark Barrick as the new GM and Head Coach of the Panthers. Road to the Top!!!!
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Are you kidding me?? Mark Barrick wants to get back into Jr. B hockey that much that he would sell his soul to the devil?? His team didn't even finish the year in the GMHL. I guess Toe Blake and Punch Imlach were not available.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:15 pm Are you kidding me?? Mark Barrick wants to get back into Jr. B hockey that much that he would sell his soul to the devil?? His team didn't even finish the year in the GMHL. I guess Toe Blake and Punch Imlach were not available.
Toffolo should get behind the bench and coach the team. There's a reason why his team goes through coach after coach. He always wants to have the final say. He tells the coach what he wants to see. So instead of continually finding a puppet he can pull the strings on, maybe he should get behind the bench.

We all know why he won't do it. The times that he has coached his team for a few games here & there, it was a complete disaster. Guess he's too embarrassed to be the guy back there while everything's falling apart. So got to have that puppet that you can throw under the bus... :lol: :roll: :smt117
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

What's happening in Thorold? Old coach coming back or a new one in?
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

gojhlrules wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 2:19 pm What's happening in Thorold? Old coach coming back or a new one in?
Old coach? How old? Dan Timmons? I'm pretty sure Bryan Kelly is getting multiple years suspension, no?
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Never mind who's coaching Thorold, is Thorold coming back ? Will the Buffalo team be back with it's 8 players ?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I saw something on Twitter this morning from someone excited about their spring camp, so I think they're proceeding on the assumption they'll be back.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

according to the Thorold website there holding spring camp May 13th and 14th at Ridley college arena.
End of a era in Leamington
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Heard Thorold is coming back and will be owned by the league.
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

You sure? Still list the same 2 owners under contacts.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Just what i have been told. Apparently owners got into trouble with the league for telling all players and not being able to ice a team so league didn't want them back.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Johnstone and Kilcar are out in St Catharines per the team twitter

The Falcons & Head Coach @cscoot18 have agreed to part ways. We thank Chris for his dedication, and wish him well in his future endeavors.

We would like 2 thank coach @AKilcar 4 his dedication to our organization,and wish him luck as he moves on to @niagaranorthaaa Minor Midgets
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

If the guys in Thorold are out than that is a good thing. Especially when being a member in good standing requires you to not bring the game in disrepute!
gojhlrules

Post by gojhlrules »

Thorold owners must be out. Rookie camp postponed and no names under contacts tab anymore
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

St Catharines has hired Dan Fitzgerald from Cambridge.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

RocketGirl wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 pm St Catharines has hired Dan Fitzgerald from Cambridge.
I would think this is a good move. You want to have a coach firmly in place June 1 when cards can be signed. With the Cambridge roster set to become free agents it isn't a bad strategic move to have someone in place who could draw some of those players in. Just my thoughts.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Guelph has hired former Cambridge assistant coach Adam Wallace to be their head coach.