Attendance Numbers

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Attendance Numbers

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I was at the Jack tonight with my wife and grandson and we really enjoyed the continued rivalry between the best 2 Jr.B teams in Ontario. I have only one question. There was clearly 1300/1400 fans there tonight. Why was the attendance announced at just over 900. Do they only count paid customers . :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
StCathFalcons

Re: Attendance Numbers

Post by StCathFalcons »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:02 am I was at the Jack tonight with my wife and grandson and we really enjoyed the continued rivalry between the best 2 Jr.B teams in Ontario. I have only one question. There was clearly 1300/1400 fans there tonight. Why was the attendance announced at just over 900. Do they only count paid customers . :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Does the Jack even hold 1400? I think the number was about right, at the time it was announced. Nothing gained by announcing lower numbers, are there? I'm not sure about gate rules.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

When the Icedogs played there they would announce 3150 as a sellout. probably seats around 2700. No nothing gained by announcing lower numbers, just wondering if that number represents ticket sales only.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That's the great attendance debate. Do you count paid attendance? Do you count season ticket holders, in regular season when they're not at the game? Are passes/scouts/media included?

This is the great debate that will never get resolved.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.