Finals; Caledonia vs St.Catharines

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

StCathFalcons

Re: Finals; Caledonia vs St.Catharines

Post by StCathFalcons »

RocketGirl wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:46 pm It depends what happens in the Midwest.

I've calculated every scenario possible and if St Catharines and Elmira win in 7, Caledonia will be tied with Listowel and it comes down to goal differential.
If goal differential is the same, one game knockout would be awesome! For any tying 'best second' place teams. Not just this scenario.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

According to HATTRICK73 Linbergs penalty wasn't that bad.Anyone know if the league is still feuding with the old Golden Eagles.Didn't see any TV cameras at the game but teams usually have someone in the arena filming.Someone in Chatham filmed the spearing penalty that helped the game go overtime,it didn't happen according to the people who saw the video,it was a dive.The suspension could cost the corvairs a final 4 spot.
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

I have seen 2 angles of it and it doesn't look nearly as bad as something to justify a 4 game suspension. It looked like Lindberg basically upended the Falcons player at worst. Tripping call to say the least.

Problem with video is the penalty happened away from the play so 1 camera was moving back to the play when it occured. Only see just the beginning. The other is the Falcons FastHockey feed... which is a dogs breakfast at best.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

It appears the pointstreak guy stopped counting Vairs shots after the first minute on.
BlackJacket

Post by BlackJacket »

Do the Corvairs have top spot? Or is it the Nationals? Not sure how much difference between Elmira and Listowel anyway? I see a Caledonia and London final so seeding could just matter for home ice in finals.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Like most people thought Caledonia wins in 6 games. Congrats boys.
The refs did a good job of letting them play. Chenard was in net for Caledonia he looked good.
Caledonia put the hammer down in the second 3 unanswered goals. The short hand goal in the third killed St Kitts.
I don't know why Johnstone didn't pull the goalie late in the third when Caledonia had a penalty.
Just to try to get a couple more goals. But I don't think it matters.If Listowel wins the next game and beats Elmira. That would give Elmira and St Kitts
6 wins 6 loses each. I think Elmira wins the goal differential. So I think Listowel and Elmira are in. Any thoughts on this i'm not 100% sure.
Is Caledonia the top team or is it London?
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

London finished the season in 3rd place.Elmira finished 2nd.If it's a London-Elmira final and Elmira is the wild card team will Elmira get home ice advantage?
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

As in the past, the Wild Card never gets home ice advantage, no matter who they play.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

It is al about who had the best record during the regular season. So it would be
1. Caledonia
2. listowel
3. Elmira (If them or listowel get wildcard they are 4th)
4. London (will be third and will be ahead of the wildcard team)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Not in the Sutherland Cup. They are seeded based on their play-off win percentage, same as what determines the Wild Card, with the Wild Card in 4th. If the Wild Card is from the same Conference as No 1, then the Wild Card is moved to 3, to prevent those teams from playing each other again immediately.

If Listowel wins tomorrow night, then all 3 champs have the same 2 round play-off record, 8-2, and would be seeded based on goal differential. Right now, Caledonia has the best goal differential.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.