Listowel

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Listowel

Post by Port hockey1 »

They look like a team that's on a mission. They look like they won't have much trouble getting to the finals, I can't see Elmira taking them out. If they do make it, how does everyone think they stack up against Caledonia?

They have scoring and a solid defense. They've gotten great goaltending all year... Would a Listowel vs Caledonia Cup final go the distance? I think that's the best series we can hope for.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
arcprohd

Re: Listowel

Post by arcprohd »

Amen to that. A great series to be sure.

Problem I have is can Caledonia open up their game in Listowels cramped rink. Might check it out when Im in the area over the next few weeks on other business.
Cali vairs!

Re: Listowel

Post by Cali vairs! »

I've only seen listowel play brantford this year so i can only speak with limited knowledge about them. But from what I've seen i don't think it would be that much of a series IMO. They like to use there speed to create offence against openents. The difference is Caledonia can math up with there speed and have a lot more skill and talent. I think they could be closer games but i don't think the series would go that long.

As to a smaller rink i think i beleive caledonia would thrive in that rink. From what I've seen over the years is that the midwest is a lot less physical of a conference. Listowel is also a smaller team up front. I think the corsairs would dominate physically and would take a lot of listowels speed away. Baier in Listowel has impressed me but i still think there are better goalies in the horshoe that caledonia has had to beat. I would say caledonia in 5 or 6 if these teams played each other