Niagara Falls Review/St.Catharines Standard

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Niagara Falls Review/St.Catharines Standard

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Not to sound too critical but in reading the story in the Review on last night's game between the Falcons and the Canucks I find it rather annoying when the reported does not know or does not take the time to make sure that his reports is accurate. Here's a couple of examples. Last night he reported the Falcons had a season record of 40- 7- 0- 3 = 83 points while the Canucks finished with a record of 33- 13- 0- 4 = 70 points. He then states the Falcons were a mere 7 points ahead of the Canucks in the final standings. Last week he stated that the Canucks finished the regular season series with a winning record of 4 wins and 2 losses against the Falcons. He then states the Canucks earned 9 points to the Falcons 1 in the season series. Come on man, check your math. :smt100 A grade 2 student would be easily able to calculate the correct numbers in both of the examples I've given. The Reviews reports on games has gone down hill in the last few months. I'm beginning to believe that Donald Trump's Press Secretary is now doing the game reports for all three newspapers in our area. ( The Standard, The Tribune and The Review)
StCathFalcons

Re: Niagara Falls Review/St.Catharines Standard

Post by StCathFalcons »

I laughed reading your entire post, because I noticed the same bad math. Bring Bill back! :mrgreen:

Bernie was the regular Welland Canadians reporter. I think it was Bernie who did last nights.
Port hockey1

Re: Niagara Falls Review/St.Catharines Standard

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:35 pm I laughed reading your entire post, because I noticed the same bad math. Bring Bill back! :mrgreen:

Bernie was the regular Welland Canadians reporter. I think it was Bernie who did last nights.
Bernie is awful, IMO. Always afraid of stepping on toes. Always writes nothing but the positives. I thought a reporter was supposed to bu unbiased... :roll:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102