St Catharines vs Niagara Falls

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Re: St Catharines vs Niagara Falls

Post by Port hockey1 »

Doesn't matter who wins to me, both teams would look great in the finals. :)

Can't believe he ran the goalie... What was he thinking... :smt009
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Gotta give the Falls credit. Looks like they battled right to the end. Closer game than I thought it would be today.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Well, just like many thought. Six games. Glad we came out on the right end of it. A great series.

On to bigger and better things now.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Watched a few of these game in St Kit's. The fans here are trying to influence the refs in the Vairs games as they succesfully did in the Canuck games.Touch a Falcon,the whole place goes nuts.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

Seriously? But I guess Punkari pulling Marinier's stick to his face, then skating to the bench to bite his lip and showing the ref an already chipped tooth is ok? :shock:

Maybe you are just not used to the noise that fans can make considering your attendance all year. :roll:
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Hey Cali 99, thats whats called good home town fans. Doesn't every team enjoy the same treatment when playing on home ice ? :?
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

i think what Cali99 is trying to say is that there is a lot of uneducated fans that whine about nothing (not saying its just St.Kitts because everywhere has some). They keep complaining about every single play and at some point they should likely realize that there watching hockey not basketball or soccer. It gets really annoying every hit when they all whine about it. Close plays, yes your allowed to try and get the ref to draw a penalty by complaining, but on a completely clean it just be quiet and eat your popcorn. I always love when fans never think there team deserves a penalty. They will complain about one thing when the opposing team does it, but i don't see any of them wanting a penalty when there team does it. Its called be a hockey fan not just a fan of your own team, you have to realize when play is clean or not.

And also i don't get how the Punki Scenario pertains to anything about what he is talking about? Even the Caledonia fans didn't say anything cuz they knew nothing happened that was serious. And last time i checked the ref was the one who made the decision. Not sure how that connects to this.
CC1

Post by CC1 »

I agree every rink has homer fans who think every check is worthy of a penalty, but I've yet to see a ref make a call based on that.

My comment was in regards to how wrong it was for fans to try to influence refs, but the irony of a player cheating to get a call.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

I saw arms go up a little late in St Catherines, in the Canucks series, after a lot of yelling from the south side stands.The hits and impeding was what you see dozens of times in ANY game i've seen this year.I thought from my vantage point the goalie leaned towards the niagara player to impede him and got a big surprise when he almost got killed.The one thing I blame the Canuck for is his negligent speed while skating past the goalie.(no different than speeding by a bicycle on the road, inches apart)I'm probably wrong but from where I was thats what it looked like.Can't say if all the screaming was a factor in the refs call.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cal 99ers wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:17 pm I saw arms go up a little late in St Catherines, in the Canucks series, after a lot of yelling from the south side stands.The hits and impeding was what you see dozens of times in ANY game i've seen this year.I thought from my vantage point the goalie leaned towards the niagara player to impede him and got a big surprise when he almost got killed.The one thing I blame the Canuck for is his negligent speed while skating past the goalie.(no different than speeding by a bicycle on the road, inches apart)I'm probably wrong but from where I was thats what it looked like.Can't say if all the screaming was a factor in the refs call.
You're out of your mind. That's all I've got to say. Watch the video again. Laughable that you somehow blame the goalie in this, and Wright is only at fault for trying to do a fly by the goalie. LOL Screaming fans had no factoring in. Refs hand was up immediately. Rightfully so. A speeding bicycle. Dear God. There should be a fine system on this forum for stupidity. :roll:

Watch the video bicycle man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVxi8d5n5uk

I can totally see how you can blame the goalie for this. Leaning in as he's playing the puck. Learn the game and try to be non biased for a change.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

CC1 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:04 am My comment was in regards to how wrong it was for fans to try to influence refs, but the irony of a player cheating to get a call.
Yea every player try to take advantage of the refs. Not cheating if you don't get caught. So that is done by every player and can't really be brought into the other argument. I can kinda see what you mean but since very player does something to influence a call it factors out.

Now i can't comment on the wright penalty because I wasn't there. But i do agree that usually refs never take into account what the fans are whining about. Sometimes you see some late hands go up but they also have to process what happened. they are human too
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

I don,t see Wright that often.What I'm saying is, most players will stop short of the goalie,Wright was going full speed anticipating where the pass was going.Hitting someone in the head at that speed could put one in a comma,are you saying he went at him purposely trying to end his career?
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cal 99ers wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:03 am I don,t see Wright that often.What I'm saying is, most players will stop short of the goalie,Wright was going full speed anticipating where the pass was going.Hitting someone in the head at that speed could put one in a comma,are you saying he went at him purposely trying to end his career?
No, you said you blamed the goalie more, for leaning in, whereas wright was merely doing a flyby as though on a bicycle.

I will let the viewers decide if it was the goalies fault.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

No,I said Wright was like a car passing too close to a bike at a delinquent speed and you know one small deviation by the bike,bikers dead.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cal 99ers wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:49 am No,I said Wright was like a car passing too close to a bike at a delinquent speed and you know one small deviation by the bike,bikers dead.
Watch the video. The goalie played the puck.