Caledonia vs Ancaster

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Caledonia vs Ancaster

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Good first period last night. But the second and third all Caledonia.
Ancaster always has a good first period against Caledonia.
But they fade as the game goes on .They don't like the hitting and don't have the depth.
There top players play a lot. Having Burnell hurt is a big blow to them.
Maybe they will call up some guys from Glanbrook to help out.
Calas will have to play better .I won't be surprise to see Vertesi in net tonight.
Lot of questionable penalties last night for both clubs.They seem to be watching Baird
a lot last night.
Welland Cougars

Re: Caledonia vs Ancaster

Post by Welland Cougars »

That's always the issue with Caledonia, alot of clubs can hang with them for 1 maybe 2 periods, but eventually their depth takes over. They come at you wave and wave until you break. Once again they ice 3rd and 4th lines that would be most clubs 1st and 2nd.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

by Caledonia Fan »
They seem to be watching Baird
a lot last night.
Looks like they were watching him again tonight. The additions made towards the deadline have been clutch through the first two games. This series might not last very long. Also great to see DeFarias back for the playoffs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 pm
by Caledonia Fan »
They seem to be watching Baird
a lot last night.
Looks like they were watching him again tonight. The additions made towards the deadline have been clutch through the first two games. This series might not last very long. Also great to see DeFarias back for the playoffs.
I don't know want there going to do with Baird. He makes a great play on Caledonia's first goal.
Than he plays like a meat head the rest of the game. Head contact misconduct cross checking
second misconduct abuse of officials. Game in and game out. It's time for Caledonia to make a change.
They got better guys waiting to get a chance to play. Maybe watching the game from the stands will help Baird .
He's in for another suspension anyway.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

in my opinion baird one deserved the one penalty in the first game. In Ancaster he did nothing wrong. His hitting to the head penalty was a absolute joke. he wasn't even close to hitting the head with his shoulder. then on the second penalty of that game he kept getting slashed all shift then he does it once back and gets a penalty. His abuse of officials penalty was for him explaining to the ref that he was getting slashed. Ref must not of liked that he was pointing out everything that he has missed. Officials have been brutal (both ways) in this series. Let them play a bit. Baird Actually really impressed me in Ancaster with the way he was playing but i do agree he needs to figure out a way to avoid the penalties because refs will call every little thing over reputation.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I was wondering about Caledonia's goaltending heading into the playoffs. But it looks like that won't be an issue after the first 3 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

How does Caledonias first 3 games prove anything about their goaltending? They haven't been tested, at all.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Corvairs had a strong series. Wasn't sure what to expect after they had to sit out the first round.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... semifinals