Port Colborne

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Canuckalhead

Port Colborne

Post by Canuckalhead »

It's looks like the Niagara Whalers are going to win the GMHL Championship. It only took them 3 years to build what it took Tim Toffolo 11 years to destroy.
Welland Cougars

Re: Port Colborne

Post by Welland Cougars »

My sons Novice AAA team could probably win the GMHL, not much of an accomplishment.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Whalers have blown out all three of their playoff opponents, so far. They look to have a championship in the bank, something Tim said he would do in Port Colborne, and that we could take that to the bank! :lol: :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 pm Whalers have blown out all three of their playoff opponents, so far. They look to have a championship in the bank, something Tim said he would do in Port Colborne, and that we could take that to the bank! :lol: :lol:
GMHL is a joke
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BillyTheKid wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:41 pm
Port hockey1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 pm Whalers have blown out all three of their playoff opponents, so far. They look to have a championship in the bank, something Tim said he would do in Port Colborne, and that we could take that to the bank! :lol: :lol:
GMHL is a joke
Why did you feel the need to quote me? Like you recently said, everyone has their opinions. :wink:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The Niagara Whalers are a pretty good team. Would beat any Jr. B team. Check out their lineup. They have many ex Corvairs and Falcons who are now 21 along with a few good other players. Way too good for the GMHL and will win in a cake walk. I guess the point is their ownership went in with the idea to build a championship and make Port Colborne proud. Toffolo came in to screw every Port Colborne kid he could and make a joke out of Jr. B Hockey and the City. I know everyone in Port Coborne is glad he is Pelham's problem now.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Not fair to bash Tim when this team can get every 21 year old that is done Jr B in the area and that is why they are going to win. While I agree he was cancer to the city not fair to compare this team to his.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:59 am Toffolo came in to screw every Port Colborne kid he could and make a joke out of Jr. B Hockey and the City. I know everyone in Port Coborne is glad he is Pelham's problem now.
Agree 100%
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 pm Not fair to bash Tim when this team can get every 21 year old that is done Jr B in the area and that is why they are going to win. While I agree he was cancer to the city not fair to compare this team to his.
Sure it is, he said he would bring a championship to the city, he said that could be taken to the bank. He shouldn't have made a promise that he knew he couldn't keep.

And this GMHL team is dominate. Considering most of the league is watered down, I'd say icing a team that good is a huge accomplishment. Just my opinion though. :)
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:54 pm
GOJHLfan1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 pm Not fair to bash Tim when this team can get every 21 year old that is done Jr B in the area and that is why they are going to win. While I agree he was cancer to the city not fair to compare this team to his.
Sure it is, he said he would bring a championship to the city, he said that could be taken to the bank. He shouldn't have made a promise that he knew he couldn't keep.

And this GMHL team is dominate. Considering most of the league is watered down, I'd say icing a team that good is a huge accomplishment. Just my opinion though. :)
I dont think it took too much effort. What 21 year old going to turn down another year of Jr (If you can call it that). Most of them around here are getting paid I believe to.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Port hockey1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:49 am
BillyTheKid wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:41 pm
GMHL is a joke
Why did you feel the need to quote me? Like you recently said, everyone has their opinions. :wink:
Just chimming in on your post that's all sorry won't do it anymore I will start my own thread lol
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

I guess we can argue back and forth all we want. But, some could argue the talent of the GHC Jr B conference after seeing what
Buffalo produced,
how, although improved, Pelham was unaccomplished
Welland got owned by NF (except game 4)

So, put in context. If Tim promised a championship in port. He didn't deliver.

The new Port team, won. Crushed. And I think...not confirmed, brought more fans than Tim ever did (except when Bryan Kelly made a great run). So, win for the Whalers. imho
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The Whalers just got rid of St. George in four straight. Looked like a Jr. A team playing a Jr. C team. They are now waiting for the winner of the North Division. That should be another sweep. Mr. Masterson just proved again that you can buy a Championship.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 pm Mr. Masterson just proved again that you can buy a Championship.
And the people of Port Colborne couldn't be happier. :-D :-D :smt080

Huge thank you to Pelham for taking that circus off of our hands. No room for Tmmy's bottom feeder in the house of Champions! :smt003 :smt025 :smt020
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Canuckalhead wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 pm The Whalers just got rid of St. George in four straight. Looked like a Jr. A team playing a Jr. C team. They are now waiting for the winner of the North Division. That should be another sweep. Mr. Masterson just proved again that you can buy a Championship.
Thats because it was