First round playoff talk, And preview

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

First round playoff talk, And preview

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: First round playoff talk, And preview

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like Pelham really surprised St.Catharines tonight, they led 2-0 after the first period. Looks like it was a great game, several fighting majors and a comeback win for the Falcons.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Here's an article about last night's game;

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2017/03/01 ... e-panthers
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Pelham Panthers‏ @Panthers_Pelham 24h24 hours ago
More
So you play a great game and fight till the end and you get called classless by the team you played because they don't dominate. Wow!!!

I saw this on Pelham and St Kitts twitter page. Don't know anything about it. Can't see St Kitts calling Pelham classless.
I don't think there to worried about Pelham. Maybe someone trying to stir something up on a series that's all ready over with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I caught the 2nd and 3rd periods of the game on Wednesday and believe me the Falcons have nothing to worry about. This series will be over in 4. One thing I did noticed, every Pelham player had a full face shield ( not done in regular season ) with the chin straps so tight you would need a can opener to get the helmets off. The classless statement sounds like something Tiny Tim may have come up with. Anyway, looking forward to another Corvair/ Falcon Horseshoe Final.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Tim claims hes getting them ready for next season when its mandatory for everyone to wear full.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:02 pm I caught the 2nd and 3rd periods of the game on Wednesday and believe me the Falcons have nothing to worry about. This series will be over in 4. One thing I did noticed, every Pelham player had a full face shield ( not done in regular season ) with the chin straps so tight you would need a can opener to get the helmets off. The classless statement sounds like something Tiny Tim may have come up with. Anyway, looking forward to another Corvair/ Falcon Horseshoe Final.
Tiny Tim.. I love it! :lol:
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:28 pm Tim claims hes getting them ready for next season when its mandatory for everyone to wear full.
That's funny. How many of those players will be back to that team next year, that 4 games is going to prepare them for next season.

Look at all the PIMS during game one. All the fights. Care to guess who started every fight? One guess, they had a full cage on. A type of game I'm sure the Falcons would rather avoid. Who wants to chance injury or suspension from a nothing series? That said, I'm sure they don't mind finishing the fights...as they did.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Falcons easily take game two 6-2 against Pelham.

Canucks off to a good start, handily taking Welland.

So far, no surprises in the first round in the Shoe.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

i heard that toffolo gets a kickback on the insurance because of everybody wearing full face mask. Told his players that they were gonna get scratched if they didn't go out and buy there own. I know a few kids will want out. But about the game today, wow pelham actually looked really good. Took some stupid penalties but there penalty kill was on point and shutdown the falcons (except for i think one). Lamarche is a really good goalie and my bet is that he lands with either caledonia or St.Kitts next year
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:42 pm i heard that toffolo gets a kickback on the insurance because of everybody wearing full face mask. Told his players that they were gonna get scratched if they didn't go out and buy there own. I know a few kids will want out. But about the game today, wow pelham actually looked really good. Took some stupid penalties but there penalty kill was on point and shutdown the falcons (except for i think one). Lamarche is a really good goalie and my bet is that he lands with either caledonia or St.Kitts next year
They played a very tight game today. Koodo's to them. Lamarche was his awesome self again. Truly, without him, Pelham would be lit up. 46 saves today. It's really nice to watch (as long as the Falcons win) :mrgreen:

Will see if the bigger ice makes the difference again, on Tuesday.

If the league stays the way it is, why would Lamache even stay in the GOJHL? I'm sure a Jr A team will be courting him.

Tuffalo would never send him to the Falcons. Caladonia could line his pockets nicely though. Here's hoping he goes Jr A route. :wink:
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Fort Erie soundly beat Ancaster tonight. 4-2. Imagine if that series goes 6 or 7 games. A horrible wait for Caledonia. Not that it will make any difference for them, same outcome is inevitable, they win in 4. But that's just a horrible wait.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

StCathFalcons wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm
Cali vairs! wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:42 pm i heard that toffolo gets a kickback on the insurance because of everybody wearing full face mask. Told his players that they were gonna get scratched if they didn't go out and buy there own. I know a few kids will want out. But about the game today, wow pelham actually looked really good. Took some stupid penalties but there penalty kill was on point and shutdown the falcons (except for i think one). Lamarche is a really good goalie and my bet is that he lands with either caledonia or St.Kitts next year
They played a very tight game today. Koodo's to them. Lamarche was his awesome self again. Truly, without him, Pelham would be lit up. 46 saves today. It's really nice to watch (as long as the Falcons win) :mrgreen:

Will see if the bigger ice makes the difference again, on Tuesday.

If the league stays the way it is, why would Lamache even stay in the GOJHL? I'm sure a Jr A team will be courting him.

Tuffalo would never send him to the Falcons. Caladonia could line his pockets nicely though. Here's hoping he goes Jr A route. :wink:
I agree why even go to Caledonia or St Kitts. JR -A is the way to go. JR-A take a lot of goalies from the Gojhl every year.
Let them develop in JR-B . Pay the development fee and get a good goalie cheap. Astorino and Janzen to name a few.
They just don't do good they star a lot of them. Look down the list of goalies from last year in the GOJHL a lot play in JR-A now.
Sinclair is in Chilliwack so a lot of JR-A leagues look to the GOJHL.To name a few.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

StCathFalcons wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:52 pm Fort Erie soundly beat Ancaster tonight. 4-2. Imagine if that series goes 6 or 7 games. A horrible wait for Caledonia. Not that it will make any difference for them, same outcome is inevitable, they win in 4. But that's just a horrible wait.
Caledonia have some injuries so it might be a good thing. But it is a long wait.
I don't know if you could say soundly beat Ancaster. I wasn't at the game just going by pointstreak.
Getting outshot 17 -1 in the third period looks like Fort Erie was just holding on.
Tyler Hawk had two good periods in Ancaster I was at that game. And it looks like he was the differs last night stopping 32 of 34.
The only way Fort Erie will beat Ancaster they have to start hitting Ancaster. Ancaster have a lot of players that shy away from the hitting.
That's why Caledonia and St. Kitts have success again't them. Cal. and St.Kitts finish there checks.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 amThat's why Caledonia and St. Kitts have success again't them. Cal. and St.Kitts finish there checks.
Which is why it's always awesome to watch them play against each other. Fast, skilled, physical.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Both St. Kitts and NF move on with relative ease. Welland put up a bit of a fight tonight, but the series as a whole was never in doubt.

Sets up a great 2nd round matchup. Anyone know how many games NF defenseman Mooney ended up receiving for his "spitting" misconduct? NF will really miss his presence, but it really doesn't get any lower than resorting to spitting.

I'll take St. Catherine's in 6, or 5 if Mooney misses the entire series.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Welland Cougars wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:54 am Both St. Kitts and NF move on with relative ease. Welland put up a bit of a fight tonight, but the series as a whole was never in doubt.

Sets up a great 2nd round matchup. Anyone know how many games NF defenseman Mooney ended up receiving for his "spitting" misconduct? NF will really miss his presence, but it really doesn't get any lower than resorting to spitting.

I'll take St. Catherine's in 6, or 5 if Mooney misses the entire series.
Minimum of 3
Welland Cougars

Yes, I knew it was a "minimum" of 3, but didn't know if further punishment was applied.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Welland Cougars wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am Yes, I knew it was a "minimum" of 3, but didn't know if further punishment was applied.
We will find out after the league reviews referee report and/or video if Welland or Niagara Falls sends it in
Welland Cougars

Looks like he ended up getting 4 games, so he'll miss the first 3 vs. St. Kitts.