GOJHL GHC Awards

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

StCathFalcons

GOJHL GHC Awards

Post by StCathFalcons »

Big night for Caledonia. Crushed in the hardware dept.

Good on Niagara Falls coach Frank Pietrangelo for winning second year in a row. He's yet again, done a great job with a questionable start of season roster, and made them stronger and highly competitive.

Can someone explain what the difference is between the Pat Murphy Mem Trophy and GOJHL Reg Season Scoring Champ? Same award, scoring champ.
With that question, same applies to Golden Horseshoe Trophy and Commissioners Cup? Same award, 1st place.

Or am I missing something? :?:

Rob Judge Memorial Trophy (Most Regular Season Goals) - Adam Craievich - Caledonia Corvairs

Pat Murphy Memorial Trophy (Most regular Season Points) -Brandon Lindberg - Caledonia Corvairs

GOJHL Regular Season Scoring Champion - Brandon Lindberg - Caledonia Corvairs

The Golden Horseshoe Trophy (1st Place Regular Season) - Caledonia Corvairs

GOJHL Commissioners Cup (Regular Season 1st Place Champions) - Caledonia Corvairs

Tony Bloomfield Trophy (Best Goals Against Regular Season) - Daniel Chenard & Bradley Van Schubert - Caledonia Corvairs

GOJHL Gus Crescenzi Award (Most Valuable Goaltender - Daniel Chenard - Caledonia Corvairs

Cecil Jones Memorial Trophy (Most Gentlemanly Player) - Quentin Maksimovich - Caledonia Corvairs

J.P. Thomas Memorial Trophy (Most Improved Player) - Owen Norton - Ancaster Avalanche

Brent Rubel Trophy (Rookie of the Year) - Ryan Miotto - Welland Jr. Canadians

Dave Dunham Trophy (Most Valuable Defenseman) - Patrick Desjardins - Welland Jr. Canadians

Tom Kelly Memorial Trophy (Coach of the Year) - Frank Pietrangelo - Niagara Falls Canucks

Russell Masterson Memorial Trophy (Most Valuable Player) - Brandon Lindberg - Caledonia Corvairs

The Corporal Tyler Crooks Trophy (Player of the Year) - Quentin Maksimovich - Caledonia Corvairs
RocketGirl

Re: GOJHL GHC Awards

Post by RocketGirl »

StCathFalcons wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:35 am Can someone explain what the difference is between the Pat Murphy Mem Trophy and GOJHL Reg Season Scoring Champ? Same award, scoring champ.
With that question, same applies to Golden Horseshoe Trophy and Commissioners Cup? Same award, 1st place.

Or am I missing something? :?:
The Pat Murphy award is the Golden Horseshoe scoring champ and the GOJHL scoring champ is league wide.

Same with the 1st place trophy, 1 is Shoe specific and the Commissioner's Cup is league wide.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 amThe Pat Murphy award is the Golden Horseshoe scoring champ and the GOJHL scoring champ is league wide.

Same with the 1st place trophy, 1 is Shoe specific and the Commissioner's Cup is league wide.
Thank you!
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Someone please tell me how Desjardins is more valuable than DiTomaso?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Welland Cougars wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:02 am Someone please tell me how Desjardins is more valuable than DiTomaso?
Its a team vote and that must be who won
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I was reading Rocket Girl's post regarding the Western Conference Awards and was wondering if the Golden Horseshoe voted on All Star and Rookie team selections as well. Also very nice to see the many volunteers be recognized at the cerimony for their tireless efforts. Without them most of these organizations would not be where they are today.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Beehive wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:54 am I was reading Rocket Girl's post regarding the Western Conference Awards and was wondering if the Golden Horseshoe voted on All Star and Rookie team selections as well. Also very nice to see the many volunteers be recognized at the cerimony for their tireless efforts. Without them most of these organizations would not be where they are today.
Yes they do. Every team sends in list of players and everyone else votes I believe.