Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Big week as Niagara Falls & Ancaster battle for 3rd

Post by Port hockey1 »

Right now;

Niagara Falls- 66 points, 2 games left.
Ancaster- 65 points, 1 game left.

Niagara Falls protested a game against Thorold, and won. So they were awarded two points and now sit a point ahead of Ancaster. I believe Ancaster's 2 points have already been posted for their upcoming forfeit win over Thorold. So that means they need to beat St.Catharines this week, and hope Niagara Falls loses to both Pelham & Fort Erie if they want to finish 3rd.

Ancaster has been playing great lately, so I could see them beating the Falcons. But they did lose a heart breaker the other night to Caledonia. They had a 3-0 nothing lead, but ended up giving up 3 3rd period goals and losing. They also took a charging the goalie major in that game. They'll need to keep their emotions in check if they want to have success in the playoffs, their composure has been an issue in the past.

But I don't see them getting 3rd place, even if they do beat the Falcons. It's highly doubtful that Niagara Falls loses to both Pelham and Fort Erie... But you never know. They've had bad luck against Fort Erie this season, and Pelham's goalie can win them a game from time to time.

How does everyone see this finishing? :) :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Big week as Niagara Falls & Ancaster battle for 3rd

Post by Caledonia Fan »

ww.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/02/23/falcons-still-have-one-gear-to-kick-in

I think Niagara Falls will finish third. And if I was N.F. I would want to finish third.
This way I play Welland instead of F.E. N.F. had a better regular season record with Welland.
Ancaster will play F.E. I think Ancaster would like to play Welland than F.E. to.
And if Ancaster and N.F. move on . N.F. plays St. Kitts and that's great for N.F. they won the regular season.
And Ancaster has better luck with Caledonia than St Kitts.