Buffalo exposed in 28-0 loss

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Buffalo exposed in 28-0 loss

Post by Port hockey1 »

First Ancaster put up 15, St.Catharines scored 22, now Caledonia has defeated Buffalo 28-0.

Full credit to all three teams listed above. This is competitive hockey, not a house league that's just for 'fun'. Letting up at this point in the season can lead to bad habits. These coaches work extremely hard at getting their players to give it 100% in every aspect of their games. So how is a coach supposed to tell his players to take it easy on a team that has no business in this league... It wouldn't be fair to the coach, players, or the organization, that works hard at putting a great product on the ice.

I'm saying this now because in the past a lot of people blame the team for 'running up the score'. If these beer league games anger anyone, direct it towards Buffalo and the OHA for letting this circus happen. :smt004
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Buffalo exposed in 28-0 loss

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lindberg leads the way with 9 points

Some of tonight's stats;

Lindberg- 9 points(3-6)
Craievich- 7 points(5-2)
Hrysko- 7 points(2-5)
Roubos- 6 points(2-4)
Schulz- 6 points(1-5)

Mallette & Punkari- 6 assists each

Lauzon- 4 goals(5 points)

And Chenard easily gets the first star of the game. He was brilliant in goal making some amazing saves to get Caledonia the win. He stopped a whopping 4 shots on goal on the night. :shock: :lol: :smt004
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The only reason the OHA has left Buffalo in the league so people didn't laugh at Pelham any longer (or as much).
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

What was said on the Jr.A forum(OJHL)
Do you blame the Corvairs?

Ron (Login fillibuster)

Hockey Saturday night in Caledonia in the GOJHL. I'm sure you all know the scoreline by now- ProFit Corvairs 28 Buffalo Regals 0. 4-0 after one, nine more in the second and then my question was it right they scored 15 in the third period? I believe this mess (the Regals lost 22-1 the night before in St. Catharines)could have been avoided if the GOJHL had made the decision last year when Buffalo were unable to ice a team against Welland Nov. 20th. that their season should have been curtailed right then and there. Apparently the League was talked out of any such action by team President Mike Answeeney.
Tony Hayward
(Login THAYWARD)
Admin
Re: Do you blame the Corvairs?No score for this post January 29 2017, 11:52 AM

This entire scenario is insane Ron and there is plenty of room for spreading the blame!

First off the league itself has to acknowledge its fair share of responsibility for allowing such an embarrassing situation to exist under its umbrella!

The Buffalo Regals are equally responsible for icing such a pathetic product from which NO ONE benefits! Not the players, the fans or the coaching staff! Certainly the goaltenders can't be having very much fun at all!

I'm going to go easy on the competition as it's NOT their fault that the Regals stink so bad! Kind of like pinning the blame on the straight 'A' student because the 'F' grade student is failing! What are we expecting to transpire, the straight 'A' student to take their foot off the gas and coast?

Truth is life doesn't work like that! As Bill Gates was quoted ... "In the real world no one cares about your feelings". We don't pass failing grades in school so as not to hurt the feelings of a failing student! To do so will only endorse that failing behaviour and make our entire society counter productive.

So suck it up buttercup, either work your collectives asses of to be respectable, or get out of the way and allow someone who will! Kiss and giggle sports is called House League, and that's where anyone who doesn't want to play competitively should be "competing"!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

A lot of talk on twitter about this. Pretty much everyone blames the OHA and the Buffalo franchise.

https://twitter.com/GOJHLRumors2?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/70926 ... gals-28-0/

http://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/70928 ... e-canvas-/

A couple of articles from the local paper on the Buffalo Regals.
By Darryl Smart who does a great job on local sports.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

“At the end of the night, their coach was yelling at us to let up and calling us an embarrassment and that we’re a joke,” he said. “Yell at us like that if you feel like it. But when you tap a guy on the shoulder to go out and you can see he doesn’t want to go on the ice. I don’t think we’re the ones that should be embarrassed.”
Buffalo is pathetic. Shouldn't have rested anyone, could've scored 30+ goals and gave the OHA a big :smt098 .

Sorry coach, you and your organization is beyond a joke. It's a disgrace! Making kids sit on the bench injured so it looks like you were actually able to ice a team. :roll:

Buffalo is the biggest embarrassment Jr.Hockey has ever seen. :smt117

That organization has probably killed the interest countless kids had in hockey by now. Just leave!! :smt100
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I see Buffalo's game against Thorold has been postponed. Nothing new here. :roll:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Top four teams top players stats vs Buffalo this season

The worst team in GOJHL history, Buffalo now has a record of 1-43, and has surrendered 476 goals, while only managing to score 49 in 44 games this season. Here's a look at how the top 4 teams in the division's top players have fared on the score sheet against Buffalo this season.

Games played followed by goals, assists, & points;

Caledonia;

B.Lindberg: 4) 7-14-21
A.Craievich: 4) 12-8-20
B.Fletcher: 4) 6-8-14
Z.Core: 5) 5-10-15
H.Hrysko: 5) 7-12-19

St.Catharines;

L.Smilsky: 4) 8-7-15
Z.Main: 5) 2-10-12
T.Ferreira: 5) 6-10-16
M.Webb: 4) 6-7-13
J.Webb: 5) 1-14-15
G.DiTomaso: 4) 5-9-14

Niagara Falls;

H.Cottam: 6) 10-7-17
F.Pucci: 5) 7-10-17
O.Green: 5) 6-11-17
A.Barbeau: 6) 3-14-17
T.Davis: 6) 7-7-14
P.Chadder: 6) 6-7-13

Ancaster;

Z.Bramwell: 6) 9-8-17
O.Burnell: 5) 3-11-14
G.James: 6) 9-10-19
N.Breault: 6) 7-9-16
O.Norton: 6) 3-8-11
B.Hatanaka: 6) 5-7-12

Thanks OHA... For making the league scoring title look like a joke!! :smt009 :smt023 :smt031
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Perhaps we should have 2 scoring championships, 1 for the Shoe and 1 for the rest of the league. :lol:
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Having Buffalo and Pelham in your conference has help the younger players the 16 and 17 year olds.
That are moving on.There sats look good Bramwell and Miotto have been in the top ten most of the year.
The GHC have a lot of 16 and 17 with lots of pts.
Hrysko and Moro from Caledonia
Bramwell and Hatanaka from Ancaster
Cotton from N.F. McCourt from St Kitts
Somerville, Katic and Grouix from Fort Erie
Smith from Thorold Miotto from Welland
There's probably more. I never even looked at the goalies but its a shutout almost ever time some one plays them.
Chenard of Caledonia has shutout Buffalo 3 times and Pelham once
Cotton just sign with London Knights last month and Miotto has committed to Canisius College 2019 - 2020.
These are all good players. A lot of them are already drafted. But the extra pts have help out a lot.
drafty

Post by drafty »

"...Cotton from N.F..."
perhaps you are referring to Harrison Cottam?

Although Buffalo is an extreme anomaly, each GOJHL division has its week sisters, just like any league in any sport. It's part of the game.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Weak sister......for sure but at least be competitive.