Trade deadline moves in the shoe

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Trade deadline moves in the shoe

Post by Caledonia Fan »

So far Niagara Falls adding Austin Wright is the biggest move so far. Already got a deadly power play. Now they add Wright to that power play.

Caledonia added goalie Bradley Van Schubert . Don't know the story behind that move.

Ancaster added home town boys Brad and Jeff Lindsay from the Milton Icehawks. Good move for Ancaster that always seems to be playing with a short bench all the time.
Milton 01/04/17 DEL Lindsay, Brad (D) assigned to Ancaster (Jr. B)
Milton 01/04/17 DEL Lindsay, Jeff (F) assigned to Ancaster (Jr. B)
Cali vairs!

Re: Trade deadline moves in the shoe

Post by Cali vairs! »

Gonna be an interesting deadline. Figuring savard is gone for the corvairs. Too shaky too often. He can be a solid shutdown goaltender (shut down st kitts a couple times) but can get lit up by Ancaster. Plu su can't really let go a 99 goalie like chenard. Kid has been playing great this whole year.

On deadline moves I think Caledonia is still gonna add another forward and likely another defence. Don't exactly need to much more but couldn't hurt. St kitts needs to add a couple forwards. Defence can be shutdown but it seems like the smilaky show a lot. Niagara is likely done but could likely use another D. Ancaster is gonna need quite a bit of work to be able to contend in a series with the top teams. Other then that Buffalo needs another 6 forwards and 2 defence
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

McKenzie Savard is dressed tonight for the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL.
Welland Cougars

Brendan D'Agostino traded to Chatham. I guess they're trying to out score all their problems this year.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

May as well trade them before they quit like so many others have( Thorold ) from their current rooster. Feel sorry for Coach Kelly who puts so much of himself into it only to have disgruntled owners destroy what has been put together.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Calas has returned to Ancaster. Shutout Welland last night, beat them 2-1 tonight.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

That is huge for Ancaster. Should really help them. If calas plays well they could challenge too teams but I don't think they could beat any
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia picked up two defencemen Troy Henley X Peterboroug Petes X Fort Erie Meters and Cole Mayo X Sudbury Wolves X Strathroy Rockets
Traded Austin Ulett to Elmira. Good pick up for Elmira he can play forward and defence. I hate to see him go
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I know Ulett was a decent player but he was also a cheap shot artist and thats probably the reason he was let go.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

No problem with ulett going. Decent player, great stick handling, good skating, good shot. His problem is that he can't pass the puck and I don't think e wants to. Also has a temper. Really nice kid and wish him the best of luck though
Welland Cougars

Big pickups for Caledonia.

Really solidified their back end. Will be very tough to beat now.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

According to Pelham's Twitter account they have acquired Connor Mullins from the Rockets.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Cali vairs! wrote:No problem with ulett going. Decent player, great stick handling, good skating, good shot. His problem is that he can't pass the puck and I don't think e wants to. Also has a temper. Really nice kid and wish him the best of luck though
Why don't you tell them about your billet brother!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia 01/09/17 ADD Roubos, Griffin (D) acquired in trade from Thorold
Caledonia 01/09/17 ADD Schulz, Eddie (F) added to team from Peterborough Petes (OHL)
Caledonia 01/09/17 DEL Monachino, Christian (F) reassigned to Hagersville Hawks (Jr.C)
Caledonia 01/09/17 ADD Henley, Troy (D) added to team from Peterborough Petes (OHL)
Caledonia 01/09/17 ADD Mayo, Cole (D) added to team from Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
Caledonia 01/09/17 DEL Papineau, Christian (F) reassigned to Stayner Siskins (Jr.C)
Caledonia 01/09/17 DEL Nelson, Erik (D) reassigned to Hagersville Hawks (Jr.C)
Caledonia 01/09/17 DEL Ulett, Austin (F) traded to Elmira

Caledonia lots of changes
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Huge pickup from Thorold.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Billet brother? I know somebody with a billet brother who I talk to a lot
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

didnt roubos get traded to thorold from st kitts last year?
HockeyTalk21

Post by HockeyTalk21 »

Cali vairs! wrote:Billet brother? I know somebody with a billet brother who I talk to a lot
Ohhhh ok Brantford boy.....makes sense now
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

no but you can keep trying all day. I go to strictly home games so I highly doubt I know you. Don't really know why you care but I guess some people want to know it all. I'm assuming your mr bucket hat. I really don't care since this is a hockey forum. Not looking for a fight here just discussing hockey
CC1

Post by CC1 »

Yes, Roubos started with the Falcons. He will be a huge addition to their defence and a big player offensively as well.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

CC1 wrote:Yes, Roubos started with the Falcons. He will be a huge addition to their defence and a big player offensively as well.
Personally I think it's there best pick up Just my opinion though. Going to be a tough team to beat again
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pelham made a few moves today;

Pelham 01/10/17 ADD Young, Thomas (F) added to team from North Kawartha Knights (Jr.C)
Pelham 01/10/17 DEL Mussat, Caleb (F) traded to Thorold
Pelham 01/10/17 DEL Nagy, Joel (F) traded to Brantford

Young played parts of two years in Pelham, he'll add some scoring, but not really because they just sent two players to Thorold & Brantford...
CC1

Post by CC1 »

With the earlier trades, it appeared that Thorold was having a fire sale (D'Angelo, Roubos and potentially Lloyd).
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland just sent one of their top forwards to Elmira;

Elmira 01/10/17 ADD Farano, Steven (F) acquired in trade from Welland

That will hurt a Welland team that already lacks offense.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Elmira then flipped him to Kitchener and he has 2 goals tonight. There is behind the scene reasons behind it though.
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Another huge pick-up from thorold. Jake Lloyd goes to the st. Catharine's falcons. Is thorold going to have any players left.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Red blacks wrote:Another huge pick-up from thorold. Jake Lloyd goes to the st. Catharine's falcons. Is thorold going to have any players left.
Wow... Heard there was an interested team in the Shoe, didn't think it was them though. Great addition, I'm sure he's excited to be heading back.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

he wasn't playing forward earlier this year. Do u think st kitts will use him up there. They don't exactly need another defenceman. Plus they got rid off a forward (learn to season ending IR)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:he wasn't playing forward earlier this year. Do u think st kitts will use him up there. They don't exactly need another defenceman. Plus they got rid off a forward (learn to season ending IR)
I read a post here that said the Falcons were relying on their top D too much. 23 coming to the bench completely winded against Caledonia after being double shifted. My guess is Lloyd takes some heat off of their top D, they might wing him on the PP though. Should be interesting.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea nice part about him is that he is a really good player on forward and D. Part of there D being winded is them taking penalties though. So many of there players seemed like they were on for half the game