Full cages

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

15timechamps

Full cages

Post by 15timechamps »

I was told last night that there will no vote and that all teams will be required to go back to full cages next year will our league lose more players due to the fact that right has been taken away
Red blacks

Re: Full cages

Post by Red blacks »

15timechamps wrote:I was told last night that there will no vote and that all teams will be required to go back to full cages next year will our league lose more players due to the fact that right has been taken away
Not sure who they will be losing players to. It won't be the ojhl pretty sure the (oj) are going the same route next year.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I think there was 3 different league in Ontario doing it. The OJ, PJ, and GOJhL. In my opinion there's not really a point in instetuting this rule. If you are truly developing kids to go to the OhL then there gonna switch t It anyways so you might as well let them get used to it before they get there. Wouldn't be opposed to U18 players having to wear cages though. But over 18 players are young adults and I'm pretty sure they can choose for themselves. A lot of players I talk to hate the cages and really wouldn't want to wear them. Idk if it would push any players away from the league over such a small rule. NCAA has the same rule
Seth

Post by Seth »

Have heard that all the OHA leagues are going to full cages next year, so it shouldn't be an issue losing players to the OJHL
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Seth wrote:Have heard that all the OHA leagues are going to full cages next year, so it shouldn't be an issue losing players to the OJHL
All OHA leagues are really? Even Sr A ?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Seth wrote:Have heard that all the OHA leagues are going to full cages next year, so it shouldn't be an issue losing players to the OJHL
Would assume that league would be an exception
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
BillyTheKid wrote:
Would assume that league would be an exception
I would to just didn't know because he said all OHA
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Correct. The OJHL and it's 22 teams will all be wearing full cages for the 2017/18 season.
Seth

Post by Seth »

BillyTheKid wrote:
Didn't hear whether SR A is included in that, would be surprised if they are though.
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Welland Cougars wrote:
Correct. The OJHL and it's 22 teams will all be wearing full cages for the 2017/18 season.

I still don't understand why goalies can't wear cat-eye cages...????