Corvairs and Canucks

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Corvairs and Canucks

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Boring game. Poor defense and weak goaltending. More giveaways then a Black Friday at a U S Walmart store. Was expecting a hard fought skilled game from both teams but that never happened. Mallette had a good game for the Corvairs and McCabe had most of the Corvairs acting like alter boys every time he was on the ice. Small crowd, I doubt that they had 250 people there. Mike blows his cool again and costs his team 2 goals. :smt009
StCathFalcons

Re: Corvairs and Canucks

Post by StCathFalcons »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Boring game. Poor defense and weak goaltending. More giveaways then a Black Friday at a U S Walmart store. Was expecting a hard fought skilled game from both teams but that never happened. Mallette had a good game for the Corvairs and McCabe had most of the Corvairs acting like alter boys every time he was on the ice. Small crowd, I doubt that they had 250 people there. Mike blows his cool again and costs his team 2 goals. :smt009
Either way, massive win for Canucks. Falcons aren't unhappy either :wink:
As for Bull, not uncommon when the troops aren't winning. Poor Pelham tonight. :shock:
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Caledonia played worse then. The 5-1 game against st kitts. They would've lost to everybody in the league (not Buffalo obviously). But both teams didn't play well. Reffing was pretty bad. But u can't really blame them when all the Canucks do is flop to the ice. Especially the high stick to McCabe. Stays down until there's a penalty then gets right back up and wasn't happy with the trainer. Idk how u think Cali was "alter boys". McCabe didn't do anything all night. Only thing he did was try and over utlet miss and then wouldn't even fight him. He's just like Evans on st kitts
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I know both teams can play way better and I expect they will next time they far eachother.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote: He's just like Evans on st kitts
Why you gotta bring Evans in to this? I didn't knock the cali/canuck game at all. And he's not even with us this year. sheesh LOL
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Just using him as an example. Was a decent player when he wanted to be but all he did was chirp and not follow through on anything. Not trying to take a shot at the falcons in anyway
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote:Just using him as an example. Was a decent player when he wanted to be but all he did was chirp and not follow through on anything. Not trying to take a shot at the falcons in anyway
I know. I was just busting you. You're description of him, is, well...quite accurate :oops:
BeenThereDoneThat

I quote, " I know, I was just busting you. Your description of him, is, well, quite accurate* end quote.

Come on man, what kind of a fan are you. You are not a Falcon Fan. Real fans have their teams back. Not you, the only part of the Falcons back you have is where you keep sticking your knife. :smt027

No, I not a Falcon supporter, although I do respect them as a team and as a good organization. i would never throw any my teams players under the bus the way you did. (even if they deserve it)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

All fans are free to speak their minds. Nothing wrong with giving an honest opinion.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I get you need to have a teams back but you can't argue something that was so obvious. He was an effective player at times and drew lots of penalties. Idk how you think he doesn't have there teams back since I didn't say anything bad. I too also respect the falcons organization. Can't really argue on that point about Evans
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:I quote, " I know, I was just busting you. Your description of him, is, well, quite accurate* end quote.

Come on man, what kind of a fan are you. You are not a Falcon Fan. Real fans have their teams back. Not you, the only part of the Falcons back you have is where you keep sticking your knife. :smt027

No, I not a Falcon supporter, although I do respect them as a team and as a good organization. i would never throw any my teams players under the bus the way you did. (even if they deserve it)
Well, I guess that's just the difference between you and I. You live with smoke and mirrors, and I'm able to admit when one of our most talented players can be a complete a$$#0le. If they knocked his talent when on his game, then I'd argue. Bottom line, he was an agitator and sh** disturber. And MAYBE backed it up, once in his career. MAYBE! It is what it is.
BeenThereDoneThat

Well, what ever helps you sleep at night pal :smt015 .
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I wouldn't worry too much about it StCathFalcons, I was accused of not being loyal to my team because I was seen chatting with a Sarnia fan.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Boring game. Poor defense and weak goaltending. More giveaways then a Black Friday at a U S Walmart store. Was expecting a hard fought skilled game from both teams but that never happened. Mallette had a good game for the Corvairs and McCabe had most of the Corvairs acting like alter boys every time he was on the ice. Small crowd, I doubt that they had 250 people there. Mike blows his cool again and costs his team 2 goals. :smt009
Can't agree with you more. I thought this was going to be a good game.
I never seen one good body check all game. There was two so called hits in the game and they were called for head checks.
Give the team with one of the best PP in the league a 5-3 and hope they don't score. Was that the game plan.
Someone said McCabe didn't do anything allnight. How about Mike Baird he's are McCabe type player.
He did nothing not one hit all game and looked bad on the PP. Didn't McCabe score on the PP.
I think Caledonia got to change around there lines. Bring back the Mallette, Linberg and Craivich line.
And split up the kid line there getting beat for the puck . And watch who's on defence when there out there.
A lot of times got the kid line out there with the two young defencemen pair up. Time to make some changes.
BeenThereDoneThat

Caledonia Fan, Sounds like you and I were the only ones at the game. Neither team did what was expected. Maybe next time both teams will meet expectations. None the less, still 2 good hockey teams and nobody thrown under the bus. LOL.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Thts almost exactly what I was saying congrats McCabe scored off a rebound that hit off him. Next Baird at times looked better then he has (still terrible). and the kid line was the best line that night. They were the only ones who actually showed up. In the first they did give up the puck quite a bit but they also played great in the 2nd and 3rd. I have said to a ton of people they should put the big 3 back together. Ever since mallete got suspended and they switched the lines they. Couldn't score
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

RocketGirl wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about it StCathFalcons, I was accused of not being loyal to my team because I was seen chatting with a Sarnia fan.
Ha, thanks RG. No a wink of sleep missed. His logic is mind boggling.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Maybe that's why there's so many arguments on here. People argue even when there wrong just to show pride and defend there team. I get it you don't really want to let somebody bash ur team but you can't say it's not true. Look at Caledonia with the 20 year olds.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Cali vairs! wrote:Maybe that's why there's so many arguments on here. People argue even when there wrong just to show pride and defend there team. I get it you don't really want to let somebody bash ur team but you can't say it's not true. Look at Caledonia with the 20 year olds.
Agreed Cali. I'd love nothing more to say how perfect the Falcons are in every way....but then...I'd be losing that sleep RG talked about. ha

Support and defend when justified, sure. But not at the cost of logic, ignorance and respect.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Personally, you have more credibility if you can see the faults in your team, rather than see them through rose coloured glasses, which I'm often accused of as well.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.